Topcase Pictures?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrangevaleFJR,
Is that a Foggy you're using in that pic?

What seat and backrest is that? I didn't realize I'd be able to use the backrest with the topcase installed. My wife would like that.
Foggy? Not sure what that is.

Topcase is Yamaha.

Seat is a Corbin Close with leather and we like it but I'm fairly sure we may try the Russell some day.
It's probably just your balaclava, but for a second I thought it was a fog mask like this: https://www.helmetharbor.com/gear/respro/foggy_opening.htm

Thanks for the link to the Shad boxes.

Im curious how it mounts. Does anyone have pix of the mounting plate or whatever it is? Im emailing the company, but was hoping someone may have pix handy.

For those who have the Shad, how is the quality of the case compared to Givi for example?

Cheers!

FJR-Dude,

Received your PM. Now check your PM for my response to your questions. Go with:

https://www.cosmotor.com

Kristen (sales rep) is a class act. I gave you her direct toll free #. *Make sure you get the mounting plate I suggested specific for FJR1300 '01-05 models*.

Here's a great link from Pierre (thanks Pierre) to see his FJR pics w/SHAD48. This will give you a closer look at the mounting system:

https://pierre.inazores.com/topcase_e.htm

Oh...the quality is a little lower than GIVI but not a concern to me. It has proven to be water proof and durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
When U order your V46 from California Sport Touring you will actually order 3 parts. 1. the V46 topcase, which comes with a removeable black top cover 2. the top case cover in your year color (mine matches my '04 perfectly & this cover does snap & unscrew off but not easily) 3. New mounting assy which includes rack & adaptor plate & this tubuler steel rack (painted silver) replaces the resin original rack w/no mods to the bike. Some folks have had their new rack powdercoated like WC but my original silver paint has held up well. Most folks who also ordered the passenger pad complained that it was too thick & moved the passenger too far forward & then took it off & went without or made a new slimmer version. When you are holding the new little security plug (included) in your hot little hand and U don't know where to put it (like I was) just ask us & we'll tell U where to put it. We are good at telling folks where to put things. Later,,,De :rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks everybody...your pictures and opinions are well received. I beleeb I'll be putting in an order for a V46, color match blue quite shortly...early X-mas for me!

Josh from MN :D

Where is everyone ordering the Givi 46 for best price?

And what is the best price everyone has found?

Thanks

RC

Yamaha topcase - before Corbin seat back rest there were two pillion complaints:1) lack of lower back support

2) when a bump was encountered, topcase was accelerated into my wife's back and hurt her! Corbin seat with backrest solved this.

my topcase:

Without some kind of back support, wife was afraid of falling off the back as once when I "got on it" her feet left the pegs and she felt she was about to fall off backward. That would have sucked and left a mark (even with riding gear on as it always is)
Hey O'vale, Toecutter is looking for ya from some other topic. i think that he is dragging the bay for your carcass.

OrangevaleFJR,
Is that a Foggy you're using in that pic?

What seat and backrest is that? I didn't realize I'd be able to use the backrest with the topcase installed. My wife would like that.
Foggy? Not sure what that is.
I think he refers to the riding gear you're wearing as a "FOGGY". ...Or the face mask as I now see posted before me. I'm always a little slow.

Whatever it is the whole look of bike and rider is very sharp.

DSC02096.jpg

My wife likes it also and that makes it easier for me to own an FJR someday. ;)

RB

END of Thread

Top Case, we don't need no steenking top case:
hondacamping.jpg

Got a new seat cover and a new knobby. Lets GO!
The scariest thing about that pic is the color of the water in the milk jug. I hope it's kool-aid

Top Case, we don't need no steenking top case:
hondacamping.jpg

Got a new seat cover and a new knobby. Lets GO!
IIRC, wasn't this one of the starters for the 2005 IBR? :bleh: :D