Tourmaster advance sport jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpleogs

Reaction score
I've been looking for a textile jacket and saw this one on closeout for $99.00 at a local shop. Anyone have any experience with this jacket? I see they are selling it at New Enough for $124.00 and shipping.

Bought mine in June at Americade, also on closeout - replaced a very heavy leather jacket. I like the jacket, but part of that may be the transition from leather to textile. Fits me well, tons of pockets. Rode around at Americade in mid 50's in rain and was very comfortable, definitely like the jacket in cooler weather.

Seems to have lots of venting, but I haven't gotten the vents to work for me yet. Just rode today in high 80's, was pretty warm and could not feel any airflow - could also be because of lack of flow behind windshield? For the price I would definitely buy another.

I've been riding with the Advance Sport jacket since early last fall. Bought it from NewEnough. Works great for me, and at a good price point. Warm in winter, especially with a Widder Vest underneith. Only in the rain a few times, but it kept me warm and dry. The venting is superb when you open up the upper chest vents all the way. That pipeline ventilation stuff really does work. But once the temp get over the upper 70's (I live in TN, lots of humidity) it's time to switch to the mesh gear. At closeout pricing, I'd go for it. Fall will be here before you know it.

See you somewhere down a twisty road...............

Richard C.

Smoky Mtns of TN

I've been looking for a textile jacket and saw this one on closeout for $99.00 at a local shop. Anyone have any experience with this jacket? I see they are selling it at New Enough for $124.00 and shipping.

You may want to look at the tourmaster flex jacket while you are at it. Pretty inexpensive ($179). A few of us have bought it and are pretty impressed.

The wife & I bought those exact jackets (Tourmaster Advance Sport) for our recent CA trip. They worked great, kept us warm/dry in cold drizzle, cool nights, etc. In warmer areas, we simply removed the liners and again stayed comfortable. Tons of storage space/pockets, built well, comfortable, good fit. We were impressed at the quality, especially considering how much they're discounted now. Great value as far as I'm concerned. Didn't go back to our Rocket mesh jackets 'til we hit temps in the mid 80s.

Last edited by a moderator: