Tourmaster Centurion One Piece Suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wee Willy

It's bad, you know
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good one piece suit for LD rides. Desire one that is waterproof and armored. The Centurion looks like a decent suit. Any other ides? Any comments on the Centurion?

Cheers,

W2

W2,

I have been riding with a Centurion for a month and a half now and I have had no issues. It's an great suit for the money. BTW I have not used any other one piece suits.

My FJR is down right now so I have been riding my Buell X-1 with no wind protection and I would not be able to ride to work in Indiana with out the extra protection of a one piece. I have ridden my half hour commute down to 25 degrees with no additional clothing(electric gloves of course) and was not cold. The other day it was 83 on my way home and was stuffy but not hot with all the vents open. I ride rain or shine so I had to ride in the rain and never got wet.

My only wish is that they offer tall sizes like on some of their other lines. I'm 6'1" 175lbs and purchased the large. The knee protectors are at the lowest point and still to high, the bottom of the pant is to short with the leg angle of the Buell and it's a little big in the hips and waist.

If it fits you can't go wrong.

Drew

I've had the model made before the centurion and and like it very much. They are similar, except for more features on the new model. I'd recommend on highly, especially considering the price of other models the centurion has exceptional bang for the buck. If you do go up in price, look at the suit made by Olympia. Good luck.

You might want to go with the Tourmaster Transitions Series II Jacket. It can be attached to their pants with an inside zipper but can also be worn as two separate pieces. Very comfortable, protective, and serves two purposes

Looking for any updates from Centurion users - I'm considering that, versus possibly the Epic jacket and a set of pants.

Anyone out there with an Epic? Compare/contrast real-world experience between the two?

-Sharif

Aerostich all the way - nothing better. I've had mine going into its' third year now and it's great. Excellent in the rain, especially with a heated jacket and with unzipped pits and back and the front zipped down, tolerable it the heat.

As Texan and few others on other threads have mentioned, there are used 'Stichs out there. They are expensive new, but IMHO excellent value. Buying new allows you to get some alterations so it fits you just right.

ian