Tourtech Side Stand enlargement foot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbmwscoot

Reaction score
Another farkle for my '08 FJR.

So has anyone else sprung for this? I guess a beer can would work, but I usually never have beer when riding. :rolleyes:

Side Stand Foot

Pix from my scoot:

591443958_kQwax-L-1.jpg

591444077_FWs24-L-1.jpg

I had to wait FOR-effin-EVER from Tourtech for this back-ordered item, but it works for me.

I wish they would have powder-coated the thing black for the money. But I guess a can of spray paint would do, if it bugs me too much.

Nice idea. But for over $60 it did come with Vaseline. :glare:
Nope, is this gonna be another friggin' "oil" thread? :bleh:

I have yet to find many farkles that meet the value of their price. I thought the $176 I paid for a simple flat piece of black metal "rear rack" was waaayyy overpriced, but it works.

Same here.

If $60 keeps the bike up on a warm day, parked on sun-light asphalt...well, I guess I'd argue that the thing is worth the price.

I don't think many would argue that factory tupperware is WAY overpriced as well, not many pieces for $60.

Manwhore is going to hook up the socal folks with his improved sidestand on the next tech day. And it not going to cost us 60 bucks.
Cool, when's he coming to Minnesota?

Last edited by a moderator:
hummmmm, frisky newbie isn't he :blink:

hell, just JB Weld a crushed beer can to the bottom the the sidestand and be done with it :rolleyes:

just sayin' :yahoo:

<hope ya know we're just gently screwin' with ya; note, Friday is yankin' ya chain day>

hell, just JB Weld a crushed beer can to the bottom the the sidestand and be done with it :rolleyes:

<hope ya know we're just gently screwin' with ya; note, Friday is yankin' ya chain day>
yup, I know about Fridays...I know you gotta stand up for yourself here as well, or you get squashed like a bug on a VStream at 100 mph.

It's all good, clean fun.

And yup, I am used to BMW prices, and BMW service costs as well.

That's why when my dealer quoted me over $300 for my initial service on the FJR, I did it myself. Hell that was just about what I had to pay a BMW dealer for the initial service on a R1200RT.

Sorry, my hijack...back to the show.

I missed the memo. Is it Friday? :p

I admit I like thfarkle though. Might get it to Garauld for powdercoating and call it a C-note....

Last edited by a moderator:
The real issue I have with the FeeJ side stand is, it needs to go past center quite a ways like the HD's do. The foot print is small, and may sink into soft terraferma, but the real issue IMHO is the lack of locking farther forward past center.

There is also a gadget called Sink-No-Bob anti-sink device for $17.

With either gadget however you'd better not try to lean too much, the damn center stand on the FJR gets in the way often enough as it is :evilsmiley03:

Yeah, I bought one :blush: Haven't installed it yet. Started thinking about that much weight on the end of the sidestand and maybe bouncing down when transiting a bump, thereby activating the kill feature.

I didn't have to wait though. Walked into the store & they had em in the back. :dntknw:

That actually looks far better than the pic on the website. So how much does it weigh? It should be titanium or carbon fiber for that much dough... but it's the best looking "foot" I've seen so far.

That actually looks far better than the pic on the website. So how much does it weigh? It should be titanium or carbon fiber for that much dough... but it's the best looking "foot" I've seen so far.

Actually, it's pretty light. Didn't weigh it, but the main base is aluminum, w/ stainless steel top plate. They did a pretty nice job on it, but as others noted, for the price they should have.

Yup, I have all types of electrical box covers, "big foot" plastic/rubber pads...been there, done that a million times over. They work fine.

But this is mounted, done, and always there.

It's just my attempt to stimulate the German economy, I guess. :rolleyes:

<snip>...but the main base is aluminum, w/ stainless steel top plate.
"Electrolysis"

You aren't worried about this, are you?:

"Galvanic corrosion is an electrochemical action of two dissimilar metals in the presence of an electrolyte and an electron conductive path. It occurs when dissimilar metals are in contact." :eek: :unsure: