Tourtech Side Stand enlargement foot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<snip>...but the main base is aluminum, w/ stainless steel top plate.
"Electrolysis"

You aren't worried about this, are you?:

"Galvanic corrosion is an electrochemical action of two dissimilar metals in the presence of an electrolyte and an electron conductive path. It occurs when dissimilar metals are in contact." :eek: :unsure:
Not really,

Does Yamaha use steel bolts into aluminum anywhere on the bike? Isn't that doing the same thing?

Just wondering.

I keep it in a side pocket of my tank bag. Throw it down if I think I need it, and no biggee if it gets left. https://electrical.hardwarestore.com/14-45-...ver-602054.aspx
I did the same thing in round cuz I had one laying around the shop. I used about 5' of nylon cord and tied it to the hole in the cover. The cord has a loop on one end. When the plate is in place I use the loop to tether the thing to the left grip. Then when I'm in the saddle I can pick up the kick stand, pull up the plate adn use the oblong slot opposite the hole in the plate to wind up the nylon cord and stow it in my glove box. I think someone on this forum gave me the tethering idea.