Towing a trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I did. On one trip, about 650 pounds worth. The FJR will more than easily pull a trailer. Watch your entry speed into corners, give a little more time to stop, and pulling a trailer is a peice of cake. As a matter of fact, you never even know it's back there unless you look in the mirrors.

Yes, I did. On one trip, about 650 pounds worth. The FJR will more than easily pull a trailer. Watch your entry speed into corners, give a little more time to stop, and pulling a trailer is a peice of cake. As a matter of fact, you never even know it's back there unless you look in the mirrors.
That is what I was hoping to here, I have never pulled a trailer with a bike. I am going to be pulling a 1986 bunk house @ about 300 pounds

I plan on buying a trailer this next summer. I have pulled a trailer on my last three Wings. We loved the ease of packing for a trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just found a topic with pics etc

clicky

However I would like to know if there are any other options besides unigo.

Jug. you'd need to do a LOT of reading on all of the threads about trailers. There are some who have built their own. Its only TIME, so park yourself infront of the computer this weekend.......

You might try a couple of other FJR sites:

The "Green Room": EZ Board from whence the FJR Forum sprang.

FJR Owners, European version.: Lots of good info.

Here's one I found by typing "motorcycle trailer" into Google: Trailers

There were alot more.....

(And before any other smart-aleck comments...yes I am bored during my rehabilitation!)

Well I just found a topic with pics etcclicky

If you look at post #3, you'll see what is actually a homemade trailer. I made one of these also and it looks nearly identical. I still have the trailer even though my Feej was totalled.

Where/ what brand of hitch is available for the FJR? Anyone have pics of their bike with a hitch on?
This is one of my crash pics, but you can see the hitch. The hitch is a bush-tec that I converted to use a standard ball.

crash004.jpg

Hmmmmm....Scab might know where there's a "used" trailer hitch for sale. :rolleyes:

That hitch looks pretty low. Doesn't it drag when you're pulling wheelies? :unknw: Or did you just leave it on to make the Mustang GTs feel bad when you pass them. :lol:

Nah, that hitch is the perfect height to "spark-up" the windshield of GT's while you blow by them on one wheel.

Somebody tried to get me to get the hitch before the insurance company took off with my bike, but I was not able to turn a wrench at the time. Originally, I got lucky and scored that hitch off ebay for $26. I think my insurance company paid me significantly more for it.

However, I could help someone out with a 'used' trailer.