Trackside Heated Grips????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftfield123

Reaction score
I was at Cycle Gear this afternoon and saw that they sold a set of heated grips with dial controller for $60. Has anyone used these? Any info would help. I'm not sure if these would be a better option than Symtecs. Thanks for any help or suggestions. g

Yep!

I didn't want to but before my ss1 to CA, in January I decided last few days to get heated grips.

The trackside grips are petty good considering what you pay for.

They come with everything, harness and all...unlike some others that charge twice as much and you get no harness; just grips.

Anyway the install was okay.

Right throttle grips is too big....takes one layer of black electrical tape and it will fit nice and snug..."twist on, do not try to lightly hammer on"

Left side went on smoothly about 3/4 and then got really snug...but all in all okay..........

Now for warmth...(disclaimer) I have had no previous experience with any heated grips and these were my first.

I did not know what to expect as far as heat. Test drove a bmw k1200 in summer, and the grips were on by accident...cant' really recall to make a comparison though.

They definitely get warm, but not so hot that you cannot hold them with your bare hands. I had on fieldsheer eskimo gloves and still felt some warmth.

Of course, thinner gloves would be better.

For the price and all the necessary connection of items you get with them...I found them to be a great bargain.....again; nothing to compare them to.

I have them but don't like them.

I agree with everything Remington said (About the quality and how they fit) and I'd also add that mine don't get very warm. My last bike was a BMW, and those grips got real hot, but the Tracksides just get luke warm at best. My BMW grips were warmer on the lesser of two settings than the tracksides are cranked all the way up. (If I could just make them go up to "11" :punk: )

I'm going to tough it out :lol: until next Fall when I plan on get something else. I may "gulp" have to pop for OEM grips?