Traded for bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobk52

Reaction score
I traded my 2007 Stratoliner w Corbin fairing, Corbin saddlebags, Corbin seat & kuryakin speakers for the 2006 FJR1300a w 32000mi. Good deal or crazy.

The mileage really isn't that high so from there on out it's all perspective of what you want. Personally I'd say you are better off as you can ride the snot out of the FJR as they are just about better at everything but cruzin the beach!

Based on market value, it's close to an even trade. Based on smiles per mile, you're the winner. Stratoliner has a pretty decent performance for a cruiser, but you should expect most answers on this forum will favor the FJR in all respects.

"Good deal"?

That question implies a financial component which, in my view, isn't the most important part.

Great bike?

Oh, yeah!

You got a great deal. The 2006 FJR is the fastest and best looking. Time to put some sport back in your riding! Enjoy.

I luv the FJR1300 so I think i beat the dealer.(for once). Plus it has a v storm windshield & olhim best shock. Scratched up a bit, but I just grabbed some touchup paint for it. Put on D&D cans & it runs great. I b happy!

I traded my 2007 Stratoliner w Corbin fairing, Corbin saddlebags, Corbin seat & kuryakin speakers for the 2006 FJR1300a w 32000mi. Good deal or crazy.
I did the same thing a couple of months ago, traded my 2007 Roadliner w/32k on her. It had the Star deluxe hardbags left on it and the passing lamps but I sold everything else on it before trading. Had to give 2300 trade difference for a 2008 FJR1300a with 6k on it and has the Yamaha trunk , it's absolutely mint and has the Yamaha trunk. Wish I could keep both as I loved that Roadliner, great down low torque! Living in MN I'm still waiting to ride as winter will not go away. I think you did ok with an even trade for your Fjr , I believe the resale is stronger on the FJR than on the liners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you did good, especially with an Ohlins shock.

Good luck with the new [to you] FJR...you won't be disappointed!

--G

Living in MN I'm still waiting to ride as winter will not go away.
That made me chuckle: you said that winter will not go away. Lately it's been getting really warm, and in order to cool off a little, I had both the Baker air wings pointed at me (in the winter, I set them to deflect air away from me). It was approaching 90 as I left work for the day. Wish I could loan some of this sunshine to ya.

CIMG0738.jpg

Gary

darksider #44

Living in MN I'm still waiting to ride as winter will not go away.
That made me chuckle: you said that winter will not go away. Lately it's been getting really warm, and in order to cool off a little, I had both the Baker air wings pointed at me (in the winter, I set them to deflect air away from me). It was approaching 90 as I left work for the day. Wish I could loan some of this sunshine to ya.

Gary

darksider #44
Okay now THAT made me chuckle! We're presently under a heavy snowfall warning here (20 cm expected by Sunday). I guess the grass is always greener on the other side...