Transmission Oil change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zoom Zoom

Hi:

FJR 2006

I have not been able to find a write up on how to change the transmission fluid.

Please point me to it.

Regards

ZoomZoom

You are having problems because your looking for transmission fluid.

Either you mean engine oil...which doubles as the "transmission oil".

Or the rear diff...which takes gear oil.

Search for one of those key words and you'll find a ton of threads.

I DID search....and only found 24 pages of threads about loose windshields. You wanna be a little more helpful here?

I DID search....and only found 24 pages of threads about loose windshields. You wanna be a little more helpful here?
#1 - No need to lecture me on searching. I've had my own issues with it here, and may be your poking at me for that? Dont know...dont care.

#2 - How can one be more helpful, when one doesnt even know what the topic is.

There is no transmission oil. The engine oil is circulated through the engine and transmission.
+1

One could easily call the rear diff the tranmission.

Why should I assume what is meant?

You know what happens when you assume, dont you?

Why not wait to see if the guy comes back and tells us what he meant.

WoW.

Well, where's your write up with pics then? I'm waiting for your "helpful" post.
Huh?

You're the one bitching in another thread about being suggested to search...and then telling somebody the the same thing in this thread. We're waiting for YOUR helpful post. ;)

Pot to kettle...pot to kettle....Black!

Well, where's your write up with pics then? I'm waiting for your "helpful" post.
You can start HERE and finish HERE.
Obviously you and even the admin were looking to pounce on someone tonight...and your wives rejected you again.

You guys are jerk off's. I'm really happy to be a part of this forum now. Thanks.

Obviously you and even the admin were looking to pounce on someone tonight...and your wives rejected you again.

You guys are jerk off's. I'm really happy to be a part of this forum now. Thanks.
Just to clarify things, jerk off is an action....jerkoff is a description.

Hugs. :p

Oh, and the wife rejected me 7 years ago. Try to get something right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to clarify things, jerk off is an action....jerkoff is a description.

Hugs. :p

Oh, and the wife rejected me 7 years ago. Try to get something right.

Wholy feck! Not only a "radio god" But'a dichead who unnerstands English an proper word usage?

The party never ends here!

U R meye Hero! :****:

:jester:

Hi:

FJR 2006

I have not been able to find a write up on how to change the transmission fluid.

Please point me to it.

Regards

ZoomZoom
Unlike the older Yamaha shaft drive motorcycles where the transmission was separate from the crankcase (think XS1100) the FJR transmission shares oil from the engine sump.

You will not find it with the search function because 3-letter words are not recognized by the forum search engine. You might use the Google method (transmission oil site:fjrforum.com) but I think you have your answer.

Pay no attention to the others who are posting. :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi:

FJR 2006

Please point me to it.

Regards

ZoomZoom
Unlike the older Yamaha shaft drive motorcycles where the transmission was separate from the crankcase (think XS1100) the FJR transmission shares oil from the engine sump.
Thanks for the clear answer.

ZoomZoom