Traxxion Dynamics fork spring install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crc3466

Reaction score
Have a 2011and was wondering if the Traxxion Dynamics fork springs are just plug and play like other fork springs I’ve installed on other bikes. The reason I ask
is because I looked at the fork springs from Race Tech, and the install for their springs looks to be pretty complicated.

They are simple enough to install. You just need to understand the order that you stack the buffers and washers. Otherwise you just set the oil level to their recommended level and then install the springs, washers and buffers. There is no calculating or cutting of spacers, everything just bolts in.

These were my FZ1, but the ones in my FJR were identical setup
IMAG1766.jpg

traxxionFZ1.jpg

I assume they send detailed instructions?
Not as I recall. What kind of detail would you expect them to provide other than the oil level? If you need directions on how to remove replace the springs, that would be the job of the FSM.

They do send them with pics showing you the order of springs, washers, spacers etc.

The one for my '015 were very easy to install. Take the time and do a complete flush with a solvent to clean out all the old fluid before you put new in.

1686702317460.png1686702317460.png

Interesting, they don't give you the buffers on a 2015? That is my favorite part of their kits - stops a lot of the side deflection.