Trunk or tail bag, what do you think?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Tourmaster sport tail bag (hold-over from pre-FJR sport bike) that I sometimes use for solo overnite trips. But I like the security and waterproofness of a Givi V46 for longer trips or when traveling 2-up.

Chips i just ordered V46 my self with a replacement Cherry Red top. Can you please post a picture from the back to show the color of yours and how it will look. And did you also used Dwain's mounting plate?
I bought the SW Motech toprack:

8091-500x600.jpg

And I use an SW Motech Givi adapter plate

8095-500x600.jpg

Here's a shot from the back

8092-500x600.jpg

And one from the right rear

8090-500x600.jpg

Great post. Still on the fence. Like the idea of lockable water proof storage. And some of the soft cases cost more than 1/2 of a Givi or equivalent. So I stole the top box off my Kz1300 for use until I can make up my mind. Might be there forever.. :rolleyes:

Axeman - good catch. Different sized Givi cases can be swapped out. It will be 67 degrees tomorrow, probably warm enough for the little guys first ride of the year. I need to get a bike with a sidecar so my yellow lab can join the fun. He does not like being left behind. I get this :sadsmiley02: face.

Axeman - good catch. Different sized Givi cases can be swapped out. It will be 67 degrees tomorrow, probably warm enough for the little guys first ride of the year. I need to get a bike with a sidecar so my yellow lab can join the fun. He does not like being left behind. I get this :sadsmiley02: face.
just get one of these...

red_pet_trailer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This works great for me and didn't break the bank:

Tour Master Cortech 21 Liter Magnetic Tank Bag $110

Nelson Rigg CL-150 Expandable Sport Tail Pack $70

JC Whitney Trunk $80

Easily holds a weeks worth of gear for camping. Of course it's all backpacking gear so it's compact stuff. BTW, the tailbag looks bigger than it really is beacause there's a black Camelbak strapped to the top of it for hikes.

bike_trip060030.jpg

This works great for me and didn't break the bank:
Tour Master Cortech 21 Liter Magnetic Tank Bag $110

Nelson Rigg CL-150 Expandable Sport Tail Pack $70

JC Whitney Trunk $80

Easily holds a weeks worth of gear for camping. Of course it's all backpacking gear so it's compact stuff. BTW, the tailbag looks bigger than it really is beacause there's a black Camelbak strapped to the top of it for hikes.

bike_trip060030.jpg
Thanks for the info, nice pic

OHFJR Rack with Cortech tail bag:

TailRackHelmetAngle.jpg

The tail back can also be clipped on over the passenger seat, and a GIVI put on the rack (either or both on)

+1 for both . . . or more! Givi makes a bunch of different sizes. I have a small one for around town as well.