Trunk removal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
How does one get the trunk off? I have done the searches and find nothing to tell how to take the dang thing off.

BTW, as soon I get the dang thing off I am going riding.

Mark

How does one get the trunk off? I have done the searches and find nothing to tell how to take the dang thing off.

Mark
Assuming your talking about a Yamaha trunk, Insert Key, Unlock, Pull Handle and lift off!

JW

Thanks for the fast reply. I had never noticed the handle before. Boy to I feel stupid.

Mark

:blink:

Mark
Is this a Blonde Joke?

I don't get it.

Mark

Depends...How much junk in the trunk?

Some search for years trying to find the right trunk to get off.

Once found, the correct trunk will get you off for years of pleasurable riding.

It's Friday.

How does one get the trunk off?

Assuming your talking about a Yamaha trunk, Insert Key, Unlock, Pull Handle and lift off!
Jwilly let you off easy. Especially considering it's Friday and all. I was really expecting someone to suggest something like a "high-side" for quick and easy removal.
Sorry to disappoint everyone, it won't happen again! Oh crap, I hope my warn meter doesn't go up? :D

I appreciate everyone (especially Jwilly) for letting me off light. Believe me when I tell you that there is nothing that could have been said that would have made me feel any stupider. After taking off inner pieces C and D to replace the battery I guess I could not conceive of Yamaha making something as simple as it is.

I'm going riding. I will bend my ear down inside my helmet and leave it thus until the pain is excruciating. This will be done in penance.

Mark