Two Brothers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

FUBAR
Reaction score
Has anyone added this piece to their TB exhaust? I couldn't find any talk of it with a search. Just wondering if it makes a difference in the sound. TB website says 2-3 Db's difference. I'm happy with the sound, I just think the gold anodized tips would look sweet. Anyone have any experience with them?

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the TB exhaust on my FZ6, it is very LOUD. The P1R will not make much difference according to other FZ owners who have tried them. The guys who use the P1's sat it seems to make a 6-7 db difference.

Has anyone added this piece to their TB exhaust? I couldn't find any talk of it with a search. Just wondering if it makes a difference in the sound. TB website says 2-3 Db's difference. I'm happy with the sound, I just think the gold anodized tips would look sweet. Anyone have any experience with them?
Don
Hey Don, any chance on another picture but with the bike and pipes included. Im curious how loud it is. For me I'll run it open header no muffler, I dont care. It is for (of course you know who) the little lady on the back. Don't want to hear hear her complaining that it's too loud. Also how is the performance, did you loose any in the mid to low range.

Mike.

Don
Hey Don, any chance on another picture but with the bike and pipes included. Im curious how loud it is. For me I'll run it open header no muffler, I dont care. It is for (of course you know who) the little lady on the back. Don't want to hear hear her complaining that it's too loud. Also how is the performance, did you loose any in the mid to low range.

Mike.
Yes sir, I have pictures. It's not that loud. My Wife's only comment was when we were behind a some other motorcycles that were going slow up the mountain. The bike was under a throttle load and the range of rpm made it sound a little louder. But going down the road at highway speeds...I hardly notice the sound. It's when your downshifting, or hitting the throttle changing gears that you notice that beautiful sound.

FJR12.jpg

FJR.jpg

Don

Mike.
Yes sir, I have pictures. It's not that loud. My Wife's only comment was when we were behind a some other motorcycles that were going slow up the mountain. The bike was under a throttle load and the range of rpm made it sound a little louder. But going down the road at highway speeds...I hardly notice the sound. It's when your downshifting, or hitting the throttle changing gears that you notice that beautiful sound.

FJR12.jpg

FJR.jpg
Very very nice, thank for the pix.

Fubar,

I added the tips to my exhaust early in the year and noticed a nice subtle change that definitely improved the all-day ride. Before I added the tips the exhaust tone overrode the a hint of wind noise, not bad, just all-day strong. After the tips went on the wind noise overrode the exhaust tone - a welcome subtle change for the all-day tour.

Fubar,I added the tips to my exhaust early in the year and noticed a nice subtle change that definitely improved the all-day ride. Before I added the tips the exhaust tone overrode the a hint of wind noise, not bad, just all-day strong. After the tips went on the wind noise overrode the exhaust tone - a welcome subtle change for the all-day tour.
Thanks to everyone who responded. I ordered a set last night.

Don

Don,

We spoke for a few minutes today at the Overlook up on the Dragon. I was on the blue '06 FJR and my friend was on his yellow Victory. We had a mellow ride over the the Gap store while keep our speed down and eyes peeled for the THP that infested the area. It's really kind of cool to ride slow and take in the scenery once in a while. Hope you had a safe ride home. Been thinking of putting on some performance slip-on's one day, perhaps we could meet somewhere around Knoxville one day so I could hear your Two Brothers.

Cheers,

Richard C

Maryville, TN