Two stupid questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the FIRST thing I did when I picked up my AE was to get it up on the center stand so I could go over it. I had someone at the dealer spot me for safety sake, but it was not much worse than my old ZR7s, which weighs #200 less. Here's how it goes. Left Hand on the left bar. Right hand in the hand hold. Right foot pushes the center stand down until it contacts the pavement. Rock bike slightly to make sure both legs of the center stand in in contact. Push down REALLY HARD with the right foot and assist the bike coming up with a firm tug on the hand hold. One of the girls at my dealer can get an FJR up using this technique and she weighs a LOT less than me. The foot is the key!!

:)

The foot? Wow....I usually just say, "it's all in the wrist". But, if a foot is what it takes.....use it. lol

The mirrors do fold you just have to push at the right angle. I've replaced mine with FZ1 mirrors, they fold great!
It's true! Especially when you whack 'em into some SUV's mirrors while splitting lanes! :clapping:

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA (but not for long!)
SUV's are usually my target when lane sharing too! :lol: