Tyre Observation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi to all

Having had 3 sets of Roadsmarts on my FJR since purchasing, and getting about 6000km out of each set i was very impressed with all aspects of them apart from tyre life. Enter the Avon Storm Ultra 2 which have now travelled 6200km on my first set and they still look fantastic to my suprise. both front and rear have not gone out of shape and and i would guess they have at least another 3000 km's left in them. No issues whatsoever with grip wet or dry and can only say great things about these tires. They did cost another $100 per set over the Dunlops but overall the Avon's will work out cheaper if you do the math. Looks like i will be a Avon fan for a while to come.

Regards

Gary

Nice report. I've been looking at getting back into the Avons after two sets of PR2'S and the OEM Dunlops. I ran two sets of the Avon Azaros on my old 04 FJR and liked the way they handled. The tire life wasn't great, but they handled really good. This last set of PR2's is handling really bad after 8.500 miles. Still some good rubber left, but scary turning. First set didn't do this. I got 10,000+ out of the first set before they felt this way. Nothing wrong with the PR2's, but I think I may try the Avons next.

GP