Used 2008 or new 2012?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much for the '08 with those miles in this economy (well if your a deal dweller anyway)

I just bought a brand new '09 with 0 miles for $11,000 w all fees/setups (+ tax)

Most dealers around here are 12,999 for a '12 + fees/setup, so if your dealer is 13,999 out the door I guess that's right in the ballpark!

TAKE the '12 for sure :)

Wow...prices have sure skyrocketed the past few years, I guess.

I bought my '04 in '05...yep, just a year old...for $8500. Maybe these Gen IIs with their better electrical systems just cost more?????

:p :p :p

Wow...prices have sure skyrocketed the past few years, I guess.

I bought my '04 in '05...yep, just a year old...for $8500. Maybe these Gen IIs with their better electrical systems just cost more?????

:p :p :p
LOL, it's all about heated handles, ya know.

I too was debating between new and used, at the end of the day interest rates were the tie breaker for me. You can typically find much more aggressive or promotional interest rates on new bikes, and I did. :)

Huh. Weird that it has no existing warranty. Thanks for the link!
Here's the response I got from the dealer on the eBay FJR regarding the warranty:

Bike has a full factory yamaha warranty, its never been registered.

Too much for the '08 with those miles in this economy (well if your a deal dweller anyway)

I just bought a brand new '09 with 0 miles for $11,000 w all fees/setups (+ tax)

Most dealers around here are 12,999 for a '12 + fees/setup, so if your dealer is 13,999 out the door I guess that's right in the ballpark!

TAKE the '12 for sure :)
Agreed! I'm waiting to hear from them. I also called D&H about the YES warranty - still $349 for the 48mo. They're also going to call me with their out the door price on a 2012. I'll keep you guys posted.

I too was debating between new and used, at the end of the day interest rates were the tie breaker for me. You can typically find much more aggressive or promotional interest rates on new bikes, and I did. :)
Yeah, the interest rates are excellent and a big part of what swung me toward a new bike (as opposed to used). Heck, I got a good rate on the used bike but why not go new at that rate? lol

Here's the response I got from the dealer on the eBay FJR regarding the warranty:

Bike has a full factory yamaha warranty, its never been registered.
Ok. Makes more sense but also makes me wonder why it sat around so long. Just curiosity there, lol. By the time I got it home it would put the cost closer to the '11 at $12,9 but that's still a good buy.

I'll double check when get home (I wrote it down) but you're probably right.

I also called D&H about the YES warranty - still $349 for the 48mo.
I think you meant $389.
My bad! 48 mo is $389. The 24mo extension is $349.

BTW, D&H in Cullman, AL will sell the 2012 at $13,799 per Renee. She was very helpful and said they can usually work out decent delivery rates. They don't usually work with trade-ins, FYI. The price does not include tax (3% for AL residents) but may include fees. I didn't ask about that specifically.

IMHO get the 08 and hit them hard for lower price(as many have suggested). I purchased my 04 in Jan 2011 with 4590 miles

for less than $5400.00 out the door. Almost 20k miles now & no problems other than the nut behind the wheel and a

load of bad fuel once. Purchased used Heli risers, used Corbin seat & used Beowulf cans, still have less than $6000.00 in

the bike and I like it yes I do !!