V-Strom Hand Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
escapefjrtist to the while courtesy phone please, George has a set of Cycra Stealth Primal on that work and look awesome. The Cycra's looked so good that I have a set on now [under my Watershed hippo covers]. Rode all day with this setup. Hi temp of 41 and a low temp of 33. Very comfortable.

https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/CYCRA-STEALTH-PRIMAL-KIT

Hello,

Thank you.

It is unclear how the side of guard towards the center of the bike connects, or does it just float and the only attachment is at the bar end?

Thanks again

Hi,

Barking your way I guess. I am looking for some detail images of the Barkbuster install.

Thank you.
OK. Do these help? If not, I can take more tomorrow in daylight. There's not much to show, the Storms don't attach to anything inboard.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Al.

Just got back from the local Suzuki dealer. Parts ordered - wait 5 days, that'll do. Those bolts must be "special" !! $21 each :eek:
Ok, I am befuddled. How come you just didn't order the kit from FJRGoodies?
Two reasons Greg. 1) Looking on-line I only saw a generic pic of the guards so wasn't sure if I'd be ordering the "wrap-around" version. 2) Ordering local assured me (hopefully :unsure: ) what I'd get.

Don't be befuddled :huh: - doesn't suit ya :)

Just got back from the local Suzuki dealer. Parts ordered - wait 5 days, that'll do. Those bolts must be "special" !! $21 each :eek:
The good news is, once you get them done the guards are as easy to take off or put on in the spring and fall as your helmet. Isn't that worth at least $21?
$21 .... EACH ! Mike ------------ and it will be worth it :)

escapefjrtist to the while courtesy phone please, George has a set of Cycra Stealth Primal on that work and look awesome. The Cycra's looked so good that I have a set on now [under my Watershed hippo covers]. Rode all day with this setup. Hi temp of 41 and a low temp of 33. Very comfortable.

https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/CYCRA-STEALTH-PRIMAL-KIT
Too late Dave ....... too, too late :lol: ...... those do look good though..... and ... they come in red :) .. which looks like the orange!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Any chance of getting some pictures of the inboard end of you installation?

Thank you.
If you're considering the Vstrom guards, I have a set on my 07 for the past 5 winters and really love how they block the wind. :cold: If you're ever near SEATAC airport during the day, contact me and you can check out an installed set. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I bought the setup from Skooty approved FJRGoodies ! :yahoo: