Vacation 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got done with a 5 day vacation/ride to Big Bend National Park in Texas... going to Mena, Arkansas in April, Reno for the FJR convention this summer, and probably Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Captiva Island around Thanksgiving...

San Diego over Memorial Day for a wedding.

Cruisin' out of Barcelona, late summer, wife and kids :lol: no bike... :( We all like to travel.

May go to LG in September.

Garylspolar:

Try Babies'R'Us, too. Oh, and get your sleep now--once the kid is born a grumpy wife will seem like heaven lost in comparison.

Got a one year old we adopted last July. He had me up at 4:55am this morning...Sleep? What the HELL is that??? I've heard people say "Oh, he/she sleeps all night through since 6 months old..." this fills us with the urge to mayhem...Neither boy slept much the first year--it's not because of t the adoption, because the older is home-brewed, and it's not inherited genetics, because the little isn't. So it's either the house or pure, dumb luck.

Now, of course, the big guy sleeps like a stone, but the little one probably won't for another 6 months to a year.

riding to Deal's Gap N.C. Warrior Fest 26-30 April. Who knows where after that.

Disney World for a week the day after Thanksgiving.

Just got done with a 5 day vacation/ride to Big Bend National Park in Texas... going to Mena, Arkansas in April, Reno for the FJR convention this summer, and probably Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Captiva Island around Thanksgiving...
Ride report and photos?

Hope all went well.

We are going to Reno for the July party, and then back up to the Nelson, BC area in Sept for a week.  Also do some 3 - 4 days weekends going thru McKenzie Pass, Central OR and out to the OR coast on the many twisty roads.
Not sure when you're leaving for Reno, but FJR&R and I will probably be heading down on the 25th. You're welcome to tag along, but so you know, we're taking the long way... :D We haven't decided on a final route yet, but it is definitely going to include a couple extra miles.

It looks like my wife and I are doing much the same trip you are doing. Only difference is we'll be visiting the wifes sister in Gastonia. We're heading down towards the end of July. I can't wait to ride the Dragon with the new Wilber's setup (just got them today). :D

Tom

When the '06 gets here, and I've got some break-in miles on her.........I'm making a trip up into Idaho, then catching the corner of Wyoming and the Tetons before heading home to So Utah. I got a taste of central Idaho last summer in the cage and vowed I would come back on two wheels. The roads leading into and out of Stanley Idaho are like Deals gap without traffic. I hope all the money grubbing land developers never find Idaho.

I'm thinking about WFO Reno and maybe some other meet-n-greets. I think something is happening in Torrey UT sometime.

When the 06 gets here I'm sending the wife to Japan for two months, and I"m going to go where ever the hell I want.----------and you know what an 06 A cost me. Well Worth it. :D :axerune: :fez: :goatee: :good: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rolf: :rolf: :coolio: :coolio: :coolio: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

[SIZE=14pt]LET'S SEE...I'M GOING HERE:[/SIZE]ON MARCH 9TH [SIZE=14pt]AND HERE [/SIZE]ON MARCH 15TH 
Woooo Hooooo! That sounds like a rousing fun time! YankTar coming with you? :lol:

By the way, how's the Warn-O-Meter these days? ;)
Still at 50%......but I'm trying...... :D

motorgod

<{CAT_IMG}> Saved warn logs: motorgod

Warned by Notes

slapnpop Warned on Feb 18 2006, 07:56 PM

Added to warn level You got what you knew was coming. Keep it off the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer vacation:

Starts with WFO, with a departure from there to Banff on the FJR.

Winter Vacation:

I live in California...I'll be riding, except for a quick pitstop in Denver to visit family.

From So. Cal, to New Mexico for a family gathering. Via Flagstaff, through 4 corners and on into Colorado, Durango to Cortez to Silverton [is that the right order?].

Then drop down through Chama and Taos.

I'm due for a return ride to Sturgis but that will have to wait for another year.

MAY 30-JUNE3 USAF MUSEUM and GETTYSBURGH Nat Mon/batfld,possibly BLUE RIDGE MTS as well

JUNE 10-16 a little trip to ORLANDO and KENNEDY SPACE CENTER.

Hopefully an airshow along the way somewhere,definitely OSHKOSH this year! Been wanting to go since I was a kid!

Definitely Wisconsin(besides oshkosh) and Minnesota.There's a submarine museum in Manitowoc been wantin to take the women to cuz part of my old submarine is there and she wants to take a tour of the sub they have there.

SEPT 15-18 SEDONA AZ--------GETTING MARRIED THERE

SEPT 18-28 HAWAII--DEVILS REPRIEVE,8 DAYS IN PARADISE BEFORE A LIFETIME OF HELL(SOME CALL IT A HONEYMOON) :lol:

And multiple little trips to SW WISC and S.ILL,MI, and IOWA

B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

To anyone interested, the Chicago air & water show is AUG 20 &21,I will be there @ 7am ,on AUG 20,setting up my usual cookout. If anyone wants to show up let me know, this way I can make/bring extra food. It's my equivalent of an all-star game,I'm a HUGE aero-geek. If it flies I can tell you what it is before it's visible to most people. SO,if anyone wants to come consider yourself invited,and let me know at least 2 days beforehand. This way i can tell you where i'll be,how to find me and the best places to park,after7:45 am the Lincoln Park Zoo lot is full but there are a ton of hidden spots most people don't think of. Thats in my response area so I know all the good spots. Hope to see some of you there. Ride safe 7 be careful out there.

Sorry if this was toooooo long! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I just got my maxxum 7d and a laptop,soonce i get it figured out I should be able to send ride reports(and pic's) from the road :clap:

got sick of editing,sorry

No definite plans, yet. But for those planning a BRP ride, I think that's one of the best "couples" tours around (fwiw). enjoy

evilmedic13 Posted on Feb 23 2006, 02:46 AM

submarine museum in Manitowoc
That's a good one(imo), quite a bit of equipment left inside.Vacation annecdote: Last summer, riding thru Salmon ID, I stopped for gas at a conv. store in town and was hanging around, snacking, etc. -- when an old motorhome pulled in. It was pretty funky looking and, while looking it over, I spotted the license plate -- it read, "Griswold"! I laughed for miles.... So, be careful -- they might still be out there?

good luck,

John, USS Threadfin SS410

From the beaches of Southern CA, the DH and I are headed to Colorado. Most likely we will take the long way via the national parks of Utah. Our destination is a timeshare in Dillon, CO where we will be based for a week. There appears to be a great selection of fun roads to ride in that area.

We're coming home via the annual gathering of a Womens' motorcycling group in CO Springs then probably through Arizona near the Grand Canyon.

I shall be riding my 03 and DH will be on his brand spanking new BMW K1200S, which he picked up yesterday. (Or perhaps we might trade for a while, but I don't know if I want to let go my FJR).

Jill

If anyone else is doing the BRP this year can you let me know where there are gas stops. We have 2 other bikes going with us that have a shorter range. we'll be starting from Ashville NC and going north. Thanks.

Planning on taking the slab from NY to Florida to visit Dad. On the way home I'll probably take the BRP and see what the dragon is like.

Next year I'm going to try real hard to get out to the NFO, where ever that will be.