Vandalism Prevention Ideas?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I'm with those that recommend limiting their access in spite of it's inconvenience to you. I have an extra 5 minutes each day more readily at hand than I have a spare 3 grand every other week. Chocking it where it's still accessible simply reduces their ability to push it over. In retaliation they'll simply do something else to it.

I know. In early Jr. High I was one of them. You're right that it's partly a result of boredom.
I totally agree that the chock is not going to prevent vandalism. Out of sight is probably the best prevention but I share the feeling

of wanting to catch these punks. Rig a trip wire around the bike connected to ??? I can think of all kinds of things. Heavy net hanging from

tree also sets off silent alarm so you can go out and ???. Swinging tree trunk with spikes etc. etc.

After talking with Mark Ivie with ivie racing that sells the Freestand and after ensuring it will work with the FJR, I caved last light and placed my order. He is attempting to make me one by the end of the week to ship out.

I asked him if there was a way to lock the release, he replied no but very much liked the idea and was going to make something up for me and is hoping to ship the lock with it.

Im excited to see what he comes up with and try this thing out.

I'll post my thoughts of the stand and the lock when I get it in. Hoping to see it this time next week.

I would be for enclosing the bike in a hard structure not only for security but for keeping the elements of exposure away from the bike. Makes for keeping the bikes finish and overall quality intact. Bikes kept outside don't last near as long as one kept inside. Good luck! PM. :)