Vented Summer Riding Pants? Options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
I have terrific armored riding pants for the cooler riding weather. But in the hot/humid summers of the S.E. I want to get some mesh/armored riding pants with really good ventillaion that I could just wear shorts under. I don't want overpants and I don't intend on wearing jeans under them. These would be warm/hot weather summer riding pants only that I'm looking for 80-95 degree outside temps.

Anybody have any they can post a link to that they've worn and have been happy with?

I found these and I'm interested in them AGV Solare Vented Pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JYC8t7DbA&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride Aerostich AD1 all the time.....because the FJR is easily capable of riding 110 degree afternoons and 40 degree nights in less than two tanks of fuel.

I've tried several ...and the coolest by far are the Fieldsheer Titanium Air pants. All the others...Firstgear, Joe Rocket, Tourmaster...would make my legs sweat when I was not moving. The FS pants are lighter and seem to just have more mesh.

I did find the hip padding a bit hot so I took it out later. Close as you can get to feeling like your wearing shorts......

I have a pair of Marsee armored/mesh riding pants that work in Arizona. (Marsee is out of this business, but others make similar pants) My comment is that on my previous bike, a 2000 Concours, the heat from the bike forced me to wear jeans under the riding pants or my shins would have been fried. On my Gen II FJR, shorts are an option, but I have wear light cotton chinos under the mesh. If you ride a Gen I, it will depend on where the heat hits your body. YMMV.

Even here in Atlanta (with our wonderful traffic), I tend to stay away from the mesh pants and stick with an older pair of JoeRocket Ballistics for the pants and a Phoenix (mesh) jacket. I found the combination of the heat coming up off the pavement and the bike in stop-n-go traffic was just too much. Of course a full set of UnderArmor heatgear is a must, but regardless of how you look at it, it’s going to be hot.

BullCBX

Fieldsheer 4 Season Pants...they are great any time of the year. Only problem is...they don't make them anymore. I got a second (spare) pair last year from a forum member that never used them.

If you're going au naturale under those vented riding pants, I'd second the notion of Motorport air mesh kevlar. Comes as both an overpant and a jeans-style. Taking a spill without something between you and the nylon as it melts against the pavement you are skidding across... You'll have a few different air mesh kevlar options here. Not cheap, but cheaper than skin grafts. https://motoport.worldsecuresystems.com/Home

I wear Tourmaster mesh pants. Ventures I think. They come with two liners. One waterproof and one for warmth. I wear them year-round. I have warn them with shorts underneath and jeans underneath. Mostly I wear them with a pair of lounging pants. Sorta like pajamas.

I love them and will buy another set...If these ever wear out.

I use Olympia mesh overpants...I got a size smaller and just put them on over compression underware. Been in 5,000 mile and 104 tempss in them.

Gary

Well thanks for all the replies and options. I looked up most of the ones you guys have mentioned. A couple of them caught my eye. I don't really plan on spending $400 on mesh riding pants right now so the high end Kevlar pants might be the mack daddy ones to get but I think I'll pass on those right now.

After looking at the Fieldsheer & Tourmaster riding pants options I kept going back and forth and in the end I went ahead had ordered the ones I posted in my OP to give them a try. They seemed to get pretty good reviews. I should have them on Thursday. If I don't like them I'm gonna send them back and try one of the other two.

Thanks again.

I've tried several ...and the coolest by far are the Fieldsheer Titanium Air pants. All the others...Firstgear, Joe Rocket, Tourmaster...would make my legs sweat when I was not moving. The FS pants are lighter and seem to just have more mesh.

I did find the hip padding a bit hot so I took it out later. Close as you can get to feeling like your wearing shorts......
+1 on the Fieldsheer Titanium Air pants.

I threw my Fieldsheer Four Season pants in the garbage. No rain fly in the crotch was a major problem. Leg zipper broke during the first rally I wore them in.
Wow, really? Ive had mine for 3 1/2 years, have never had any issues with them. Never soaked through the liner pants (even on the Distillery ride last year at EOM) and I've worn them in all the weather that we get in northeast Ohio

Olympia Air Glide. Can be worn as overpants or just over LD Comfort shorts. They also come with a waterproof liner, but I don't use that, as you need to know it is goiing to rain before you put your pants on. Better to just have some lightweight rain overpants to throw on for the gully washers.

I bought the "pewter" color as it is lighter than black, so cooler, but won't look like ass as quite as fast as the lighter colored silver ones.

I threw my Fieldsheer Four Season pants in the garbage. No rain fly in the crotch was a major problem. Leg zipper broke during the first rally I wore them in.
Wow, really? Ive had mine for 3 1/2 years, have never had any issues with them. Never soaked through the liner pants (even on the Distillery ride last year at EOM) and I've worn them in all the weather that we get in northeast Ohio
I'm honestly glad they're working for you. And for the record, there was someone else on here that used to sing their praises (tho' he said he had to use separate rain pants). I think that was HaulinAshe, though I'm not real sure about that.

They were just all kinds of fail for me, though. Maybe I got the ones made on Monday. ;)