Vibranator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone mounted these to an FJR with factory OEM heated grips? The plastic assembly is in the way of cutting the bars. How did you go about installing them?

Has anyone mounted these to an FJR with factory OEM heated grips? The plastic assembly is in the way of cutting the bars. How did you go about installing them?
I would hope that no cutting is involved. Has anyone posted up the install directions?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I have factory heated grips, and they went on fine with no modification of anything needed.

I've had mine on for a few months now, and they don't seem any better than heavy bar end weights. I'm going to put my Throttlemeisters back on one of these days and save the Vibranators for the the CRF250L than I'm planning to buy next year. I'm not sure if they'll fit that bike, but if they do, maybe they will be more effective on a thumper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I have factory heated grips, and they went on fine with no modification of anything needed.

I've had mine on for a few months now, and they don't seem any better than heavy bar end weights. I'm going to put my Throttlemeisters back on one of these days and save the Vibranators for the the CRF250L than I'm planning to buy next year. I'm not sure if they'll fit that bike, but if they do, maybe they will be more effective on a thumper.
My mistake, I was reading about them on advrider and for a certain bike you have to cut off 1/2" from the bars. Not the FJR, should be a piece of cake then. That suck how they seems to help on all kinds of bikes except the FJR. Oh well, someone else mentioned the long/tall FJR bars have something to do with it.

Do the grips need to come off the bike to install?

I put a set on last week 2009 FJR ..My handle bars before I put them on was..left very little vib..right a lot of vibe ..

Now ..no vibe on left...still a little on right ..but it did help

Very easy to put on .. no cutting..no handle removing--took me 10 min

Jim

I put a set on last week 2009 FJR ..My handle bars before I put them on was..left very little vib..right a lot of vibe ..

Now ..no vibe on left...still a little on right ..but it did help

Very easy to put on .. no cutting..no handle removing--took me 10 min

Jim
Cool, not looking for a miracle but with TBS, better grips and motor mount tightening hoping to get it managable. They also make some anti-vibration gloves I'll get as a last resort. If nothing else works, guess I'll have the slowest FJR on the planet and never go over 65. :unsure:

I got my vibranator but wouldn't you know it, he forgot to include the tool/ :angry2:

Should I wait or is there another way to remove the insert?

Prob best to wait. Mine were really tight but came out with the supplied tool. If you could make your own, fine but personally I wouldn't try digging it out unless you are handy with a Dremel etc.

You don't want to risk damaging the bar and compromising the fit of the Vibranators as they rely on a close fit to work properly.

Prob best to wait. Mine were really tight but came out with the supplied tool. If you could make your own, fine but personally I wouldn't try digging it out unless you are handy with a Dremel etc.

You don't want to risk damaging the bar and compromising the fit of the Vibranators as they rely on a close fit to work properly.
That sucks. My G2 sticks out a bit more than the handlebar. Does the tool put pressure on the edge of the bar or in my case the G2?

Sorry if you are already aware of this but the tool is just a short length of thin wall steel tube that sits against the end of the bar.A bolt with a nut and washer attached is screwed through it into the stock insert, then you wind up the nut so drawing the insert out of the bar end and into the tube.

The tube should hopefully fit easily in the end of your G2 but I'm not 100% sure of this.

More of a concern is, will the Vibranator foul the G2?

Sorry if you are already aware of this but the tool is just a short length of thin wall steel tube that sits against the end of the bar.A bolt with a nut and washer attached is screwed through it into the stock insert, then you wind up the nut so drawing the insert out of the bar end and into the tube.

The tube should hopefully fit easily in the end of your G2 but I'm not 100% sure of this.

More of a concern is, will the Vibranator foul the G2?
It will fit, but it will put all that pressure on the throttle tube instead of the actual bar. There's no way the throttle housing can take that much pressure. Guess I'll have to pull the damn thing off again. Just when I had the wires all secured too. :angry2:

Bummer. I don't have a G2, too tight fisted, so I modded the stock grip with help from the forum guys and didn't have the problem fitting the Vibranators that you are faced with.

Hope they go on ok when the time comes.

Major, major, MAJOR PITA changing the G2 out and replacing the grips with OEM heated grips.

When sliding the grips on, the heated grip sleeve gets slammed into the inside of the tube and binds up throttle against the housing. NOt to mention the fragile wiring and fussy nature of the whole process. One of the biggest headaches I've had in a long time.

I made a tool and pulled that damn bar insert. Left vibranator one went in OK, but I can't get the throttle side to tighten up. They are really wierd, the left one just floated around in there until I tried again a few times, then it firmed up and the hex bolt got nice and tight. I can't the the right one to work... am I doing something wrong? I'm holding the weight while turning the bolt, it just spins there freely.

Dr. Rich brought me the Vibranators (thanks a lot, Rich) and I installed them over the weekend. Was trying them out today but I did not feel any bigger difference. Ok, I also had a short ride, need to test them after some 4-500 km of riding when the vibration really starts to hurt... The riding season is now over here, so the next opportunity will be in May

Any updates from anyone who has installed the Vibranator? I was ready to pull the trigger after reading about some of the successes, but wouldn't you know it - the 10% "advrider" coupon expired 9/30. For the price I am wondering if the Vibranator or the Manic Salamander bar end weights and throttle lock would be a better purchase.

Of course, I would welcome, as I am sure would others, any updated discount codes for either product. :)

Here's my verdict:

They don't do much more than really heavy bar weights, but for $25 more than a set of those heavy bar ends it's a no-brainer, get em. They look nice and are perfect for adding the Strom hand guards. Otherwise don't bother, the guy is selling "what's in your head" if you know what I mean.

Any updates from anyone who has installed the Vibranator? I was ready to pull the trigger after reading about some of the successes, but wouldn't you know it - the 10% "advrider" coupon expired 9/30. For the price I am wondering if the Vibranator or the Manic Salamander bar end weights and throttle lock would be a better purchase.

Of course, I would welcome, as I am sure would others, any updated discount codes for either product. :)

Had mine in for couple of months and it is kinda hard to quantify any improvements. I would say that at certain points in the average cruising rev range the tingling has reduced, don't get the dead finger symptom nearly as much although I have replaced the seat and worked on changing my riding position and grip so it could all add up.

Of course I want to believe I didn't spend unecessarily, as always, so it's a subjective thing and overall I'm happy with them. And they do look good.