Vista Cruise with OEM heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But how do you really feel? I don't know alot of those guys but there is a real possibility that once you'll get started and after a few hundred miles and the sun comes up you are going to have some people that will not want to continue, especially if all they have done is the 45 minute north run. You planning on keeping it at 10 over the limit. Easier physically and you can still finish in 18 hours.

But how do you really feel? I don't know alot of those guys but there is a real possibility that once you'll get started and after a few hundred miles and the sun comes up you are going to have some people that will not want to continue, especially if all they have done is the 45 minute north run. You planning on keeping it at 10 over the limit. Easier physically and you can still finish in 18 hours.
I'm planning on 75 mph maybe 78 - 80 if it's early, etc. No faster than that.

I'm not interested in doing this with a bunch of people and that's what the TSB thread is turning into but then again 90% of them say they want to do it but won't.

Hi,

I will try to to this on my 2009 AS

Did you remove the grips the same as normal grips?

Are the heating elements in the OEM grip built into the grip or wrapped around the handlebar like

some third party ones?

Thanks

Finally got my vista cruise installed.
2008 Yamaha FJR with OEM heated grips

Vista Cruise Universal for 1" bars

-Cut the hilt off the grips and sand area smooth

-Remove the front half of the brake caliper bracket that holds the caliper assembly to the handlebars.

-Move that assembly all the way to the left as far as it will go.

-Drill a new hole for the set pin of the mounting bracket to sit in at new location.

This movement results in only about 3/4 inch so not much change in the brake lever orientation.

At this point I had to grind down the handlebar bracket for the vista cruise just slightly so it would fit in the space.

-Mount brake caliper back to handlebar.

-Squeeze vista cruise handlebar mount in. Sand as needed.

-Assemble everything and be done. I had to use the little extension for the arm that goes from the mounting bracket to the vista cruise thumb lock thingamajig. Tighten down the set screws and she's ready to go.

Did a test run and everything works great. On to the pics.

vista1.jpg

vista2.jpg

vista3.jpg

Hi,
I will try to to this on my 2009 AS

Did you remove the grips the same as normal grips?

Are the heating elements in the OEM grip built into the grip or wrapped around the handlebar like

some third party ones?

Thanks
I didn't remove my grip to trim it. But I have removed them before. The heating elements are built into the grips themselves.