vista cruise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Flying Dutchman

Reaction score
Tried to install vista cruise universal today. NO WAY there is enough room on the 04 handlebar to make it work. I'm not drilling either!

So we'll see how throttlemeister works. I needed bar ends anyway.

Dutch1201

Tried to install vista cruise universal today. NO WAY there is enough room on the 04 handlebar to make it work. I'm not drilling either!So we'll see how throttlemeister works. I needed bar ends anyway.

Dutch1201
So it's for sale then?

Sure is. Paid 32 and change.

I'll take 15 and postage. It's missing one screw on the bracket. My bike ate it.

email me off list if interested.

[email protected]

Wow. Too bad.

My VC has 85K and is as bomb-proof as day one.

But you're probably right, we as a community should get a few more miles on these before we can know for certain that they'll be OK. Or that they'll even fit the bike.

I'm guessing that about 406,000 miles between just 4 bikes is not enough time to ascertain long term viability.

Further testing is indicated.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to install vista cruise universal today. NO WAY there is enough room on the 04 handlebar to make it work. I'm not drilling either!So we'll see how throttlemeister works. I needed bar ends anyway.

Dutch1201
I managed to modify one of the metal brackets that came with the kit and mounted the VC, been on for a year now, working perfectly. I can take some pics sometime if you like?

Wow. Too bad.
My VC has 85K and is as bomb-proof as day one.

But you're probably right, we as a community should get a few more miles on these before we can know for certain that they'll be OK. Or that they'll even fit the bike.

I'm guessing that about 406,000 miles between just 4 bikes is not enough time to ascertain long term viability.

Further testing is indicated.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

GZ
George, you can be a real bastard.

Oh, and +1.

27,000 trouble filled miles of horror and disgust.

DogpileW.jpg

First of all, you got that "Universal" Vista-Cruise, and while I have seen those on FJRs and they will work, they look like one PITA to install. And ugly too, but that's just my not so humble opinion.

Most folks use the *normal* Vista-Cruise and for good reason. Simple and works great. And you don't *NEED* to drill, though there is nothing wrong with that either.

Here is a link to my non-drill install method: SkooterG's no-drill Vista Cruise installation

As for the Throttlemeister, good luck. I really freaking hate that P.O.S..

Oh yeah, and only 95,000 miles on mine with nary a problem, but I am still beta testing............

Oh yeah, and only 95,000 miles on mine with nary a problem, but I am still beta testing............

Just like me to not have all the scoop.

I meant 501K on KNOWN bike mileage.

Further tests are STILL indicated.

Beware this farkle, its a BETA test fa sho.

GZ

Had Vista, NEP and Throttlemeister and the BrakeAway cruise control beats them hands down. Looks better, works better, much better. Cost's more because it isn't a plastic POS. Does take a bit of playing with to get it adjusted but once adjusted, that it.

Hey guys, read more carefully. Never said that the VISTA cruise wouldn't work. Just that the universal kit wouldn't fit on my handlebars and I'm way too chicken to drill a hole in my bike. I'm happy that all of you had enough skill to install it.

Dutch, I just added the "N.E.P CC-2" to my '07. All I had to do was get rid of the wafer thin plastic gasket(?) between the grip and the front brake bracket. So far, I have just wired it in place and it has worked fine for the first 200 miles. It may stay that way. Costs about $18.

Make that the NEP CC_3 not 2

I added the universal Vista Cruise to my 2005 with no drilling. I did have to loosen the screws and move the brake reservoir to make enough room. Unscrew, moved left about .25 or so inches, retighted, then installed universal Vista Cruise. All in about 15 minutes. I think it looks good and works great. Looks are in the eye of the beholder though. Good luck.

I picked up the Vista Cruise at California Sport Touring yesterday and installed it today. Of course nothing is as simple as it seems, so I spent the first few minutes looking at it and re-reading the instructions and looking at it some more, and thinking, "What the f***?"

First I had to figure out how to make it separate to get around the handlebar, and of course the instructions presume you're smart enough to figure that out. I was, but not right away.

So I put it on my grip (2005 ABS), and immediately realized it worked without even tightening down--i.e., it locked my grip in permanent cruise control. Hmmm.... Not good. There was this existing washer and the flaring end of my grip in the way.

Well, FJR Forum and Warchild (FJR Tech) to the rescue (as usual). His post gave me "permission" to cut all that shit away and drill into the cable housing. Once I did all that, well, on she goes, and works like a charm. I still have no friggin' idea how it works. But it does. So I got that goin' for me....

Tomorrow in thick rush-hour traffic I'll try it out, hopefully while drafting behind a huge semi-truck (oops, wrong thread.... :glare: ).

Jb