Vstar 1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got the same advertised displacement as an FJR and made by the same company. It's also got two wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I really know is from the magazine reviews I read.. I was interested because I owned a 2004 VSTAR 1100. The 1300 was supposed to be a pretty good bike for a cruiser, was the gist I got. Not much corner clearance. Upgraded to liquid cooling. EFI if my memory serves. A good value was mentioned. I enjoyed the 1100 but underpowered for my tastes. I paid $8200 new for the 1100. If you can get the 1300 for $8000 I think that is a good deal. Others may disagree.

It's got the same advertised displacement as an FJR and made by the same company. It's also got two wheels.
And I am going to assume you dislike this bike ignacio...
Don't do that. It would be a false assumption.

However, you could feel quite comfortable in assuming that I grow weary of people that don't own FJRs asking people what they think about other motorycles on an FJR forum. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

However, you could feel quite comfortable in assuming that I grow weary of people that don't own FJRs asking people what they think about other motorycles on an FJR forum. <_<
Wow, hint taken...

The VStar 1300 is a nice bike. More power than most cruisers its size and the handling is fairly decent for a cruiser. I owned an 1100 Silverado tha was a nice bike until you went two up and then it had some power issues. The 1300 is quite a bit more powerful than the 1100 or even the Vulcan 1600's. If I was shopping for a cruiser again, I would give it a look especially for the price. If you can get the factory bags and windshield (I think it is called their touring package) then I would spend the extra cash. The factory bags for this bike are very nice.

Wow, hint taken...
Howitzer.

I rode one last fall and was impressed (for a cruiser) with it's power and comfort. I'd recommend finding a dealer who will let you take one for a test ride. Personally, I'd go for the "tourer" version. If you add up the cost of the windscreen, luggage w/mounts, and backrest, it saves you quite a bit over purchasing those items outright. Good luck to you.

Wow, hint taken...
Howitzer.

I rode one last fall and was impressed (for a cruiser) with it's power and comfort. I'd recommend finding a dealer who will let you take one for a test ride. Personally, I'd go for the "tourer" version. If you add up the cost of the windscreen, luggage w/mounts, and backrest, it saves you quite a bit over purchasing those items outright. Good luck to you.
The stealer in my neck of the woods is letting the tourer go for 8750 plus TT&L. I just picked up a 07 Road Star Midnight Silverado for 9999.00 plus TT&L. I road both before the purchase and the tourer was smoother and had enough power. I would recommend an FJR first and then if you wanted to add the cruiser I do not think you would be disappointed in the 1300 but I think the tourer is a better deal than the standard.

We owned VStar 1100. Nice bike underpowered for two up. Check maintenace costs for valve adjustments which are needed much more often tha FJR. Fully loaded with some chrome, pipes, air cleaner ,etc it can top 11k easily. The replacement Triumph America is a bit faster better looking and much better handling(underpowered for two up also).