VStream windscreen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one yesterday. E-mail said its shipping soon. Delivery on 5th May. I guess they have it in stock already. I'll know in a few days.

If it shows up, I'll try it on Sunday.

Keep you updated.

According to their Product Manager the V stream for the 06 will be ready end of June.

Ron

Put me on the group buy interested list.

Hell, I'm the guy that took a dremel tool to my CeeBailey!

You know I'll try anything once.

Around here the bugs have numbers on their sides.

Me too. But only after the reports from the few brave souls who ordred theirs. :rolleyes:

Mine shipped today, estimated by UPS to arrive in SoCal Weds 10-May. I'll look forward to a test ride the following weekend and see if my $$ were well spent. I'd sure like to ditch those ear plugs!

Mine shipped today, estimated by UPS to arrive in SoCal Weds 10-May. I'll look forward to a test ride the following weekend and see if my $$ were well spent. I'd sure like to ditch those ear plugs!
I have my credit card in hand... waiting for your review. Let us know ASAP!... IF I can wait that long.

What was the verdict on the performance? Any more pictures from the sideview? How much will it cost? :eek:

Well,

Here is everything with regards to this windshield that I was able to gather/ group buy through them not a go.

I am interested in hearing more about your product!

I have a cee baileys 4+4+ on my 05 in ice Blue.

Do you offer tints?

Will your shield stop the following?

Noise around helmet?

buffeting of helmet?

Back pressure with out having to cut holes in the shield like a CALSCI shield?

Thank you in advance for providing the information I have requested.

Thanks for your interest in the National Cycle V-Stream windshield. I ride an FJR1300, and actually my bike was used to develop the V-Stream for the FJR. I also have ridden behind both sizes of OEM windshield and the CeeBaileys (I'm not sure of the size).

First, let me say that it is the design of the windshield that provides the wind protection and lack of turbulence, not the physical size of the windshield. The V-Stream is a revolutionary design that causes the turbulence coming off the sides of the windshield to move AWAY from the rider and passenger, not toward them as a normal windshield does. This gives the rider a quiet "still air pocket" behind the V-Stream that I have not found in any other windshield.

The V-Stream is made out of 6mm thick polycarbonate with our own Quantum hard coating system. This makes our windshields 30% more scratch resistant than Acrylic, which is what your windshield is made out of.

We do not offer tints in our windshields. The optic clarity of our polycarbonate windshields would be reduced severely by tinting.

Thanks,

Would you say that the back pressure is also gone? I put a spacer under the bracket which tilted my 4+4, I have okay air flow when it is all the way down. but it I put it up I get a feeling someone is pushing my helmet down and forward I guess. Some have cut out spaces which they claim has reduced or eliminated the back pressure. Do you plan on being in the area anytime soon?

What is the size of this shield compared to the 05 stock? It appears to be wider at the bottom and a little bigger/taller

My FJR is the '05, and it is blue, but it was also scraped up pretty badly from asphalt abrasion. That's all fixed, and shortly after that I put the prototype V-Stream on the bike. I do not notice any back pressure behind the V-Stream, even at "extra legal" speeds.

The V-Stream measures about 21" tall, and is definitely wider at the top than the stock windshield.

I can tell you that the design of the V-Stream makes it that much more enjoyable to listen to my XM radio through my Baehr intercom/audio system. The difference between the V-Stream and the larger OEM windshield is amazing.

Thanks,

Once you have answered those last few questions for me, It seems there is quite a few that would consider purchasing this shield, do you feel that a group buy would be something that NC would be interested in participating in?

Please provide cost/ number of buyers necessary and a contact for those to purchase from, possibly a discount code etc.? thanks again.

Michael,

While we do sell directly to the consumer, we do not discount our products. We do not want to compete with our dealers. You may find a dealer who will make you a quantity deal, but our policies prohibit us from discounting to the consumer.

We do have the V-Stream for the FJR in stock, and the part number is N20301 and the retail price is $179.95, plus S&H. You can order from us directly, we accept VISA and MasterCard.

Thanks,

Thanks for the information, I know you ride a lot more than I do and travel distance.

It is great to hear 0 back pressure,

Is the noise, back pressure & buffeting gone even in the down/summer position?

If not how high do you have to extend before you get in the pocket?

Almost forgot how's the rain protection?

The questions you ask are all highly subjective. There is no economical way to quantify the results beyond what we have done. The size, posture, and even the personal tolerance of the individual all have a bearing on the perception of protection. All I can say is that I find it to be far superior to any other FJR windshield on the market.

As an aside, you will never get total protection from any motorcycle. That's part of the motorcycle experience.

Thanks,

Count me in on trying one of these! Let me know as soon as the '06 is available.

Max Pitts in Indiana seems very interested in working with us on a group purchase discount. They'll talk to their rep and I'll let you know what I found out from them.

Kenneth Klabunde

Fishers, IN

You might see if Gary McCoy carries that brand... this forum has used him in the past for group buys... he did the spiegler brake lines GB.

Put me down on the list for one of these... they look nice, and hope they perform as stated... please guys give us an update on the newly purchased OK.... thanks

Warp

Ordered mine today. The Sales Rep said they just got them finished and ready to sell yesterday! Should be good. ETA Thursday 5/11/06. B)

Already contacted Gary, he is checking his source to get them and the pricing. I'll let you know what he comes up with.

A little more info on the shield:

https://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N...=ym%2d070"
Can anyone tell me if this height measurement is from the center or the sides next to the bracket?

It says 21" H but doesn't state where it's measured from.

I too can't wait to hear some feedback on this shield. Looks promising.

Competition is good! Rifle is now developing a new shield for the 06's too. More info posted in the Vendors section about Rifle and how they are looking for input to the new design. This one though, I gotta say, looks interesting too.

If this shield redirects air and creates a quiet environment I will buy it. Have a rifle with the increased rake billet. It is OK but very noisy. I can stand up on the bike and the roar is gone in the free airflow away from the screen, so the airflow around the screen is what causes the roar.

Sounds like this design may have the answer.

I rode up to Max Pitts today and they will do $142 on the VStream windshield (assuming 06 pricing doesn't change), and may go even lower depending on how many are in a group order.