Vstrom hand guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's time to "Farkle the Farkle" so I went down to the shop and got a bit of .080 aluminum sheet and bent up some guard extenders.
Wow! Grate Idea! I've been using the V-Strom 1000 Extenders for the past 2 years. They are "The Kine"! I like the mod you adopted to them = Alot!

I'll be fabricating a pair for my own personal use. Thanks for the idea!

Great information and I put my handguards from FJRGoodies.com on this past weekend (Christmas Present). :clapping:

Do weights make a positive change? I see where lots of FJR riders have them on their bikes.

Any more feedback on the extension that the riders are using to keep the wind off of the fingertips?

As always, thank you! :)

Great information and I put my handguards from FJRGoodies.com on this past weekend (Christmas Present). :clapping:

Do weights make a positive change? I see where lots of FJR riders have them on their bikes.

Any more feedback on the extension that the riders are using to keep the wind off of the fingertips?

As always, thank you! :)
I have the Salamander throttle lock/weights. They are nice but the trottle lock part can be a little tedious to get it set-up correctly. An advantage of the Salamanders is that the diameter fits the V-Strom handguards making them look like a factory install.

I have a set of extensions that I am not using. PM me if you are interested. There are some great reviews on this site of the extensions.... I could not used the extensions because they interfered with my custom tank side bags....

Perry

Perry

I just finished installing the extenders. They look excellent and fit perfectly. If you run the DL handguards I would highly recommend you sign up for a pair of these.