Wanna join us on the way to SFO? ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
majicmaker (from FL) sent me a PM with his plans and I'm inclined to join him in an overnight stay Wed night in Little Rock.

All are invited from far away needing more than 1 day to get to Eureka.

I have a riding bud coming with me to share the room, but post up if ya looking to split a room and fee here

his comments are:

"let's stay at the:

Holiday Inn Express, Little Rock Airport.

3121 Bankhead Drive

Little Rock, AR 72206

(501) 490 4000

I stay there on business all the time. Great place and killer breakfast joint next door, and Cheap!"

Check in Wed, April 29th - one night - check out Thurs, April 30th

We can have an "early" breakfast, and head up to Eureka together from there...

post if interested

if you happen to research and find an attractive price for the hotel fee on the internet, pls share

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Last edited by a moderator:
fjr mississippi from Laurel, MS is joining us
come one, come all

Mike in Nawlins'
Can't wait! I'm packed already! Don't want to wait til the last minute! :yahoo:
Majicmaker,

What route are you taking? Are you going through/staying overnight in GA? If so which day? I have plenty of room here at the house if some of you FL folks want to stay overnight then head out Wednesday or even Thursday morning. Just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
fjr mississippi from Laurel, MS is joining us
come one, come all

Mike in Nawlins'
Can't wait! I'm packed already! Don't want to wait til the last minute! :yahoo:
Majicmaker,

What route are you taking? Are you going through/staying overnight in GA? If so which day? I have plenty of room here at the house if some of you FL folks want to stay overnight then head out Wednesday or even Thursday morning. Just an idea.
Leaving WPB, FL and stopping at Valdosta, GA Monday Night 27th.

Valdosta, Ga thru ATL and stopping at Birmingham, AL Tuesday night 28th.

Birmingham AL thru Memphis and stopping in Little Rock AR Wednesday night 29th.

Meeting Patriot Mike and a group or others at the Holiday Inn - Little Rock Airport. Riding into ES together on Thursday Morning.

I Have no idea when I'd be passing thru ATL. But, I can give you a call if you want. Should be sometime midday. Let me know. ([email protected])

The Florida Group is doing an Iron Butt 1000 thing from Fort Lauderdale to Pine Bluff AR. (They asked me to join but, I politely said NO!!)

Thanks for the overnight offer, But, I have all my hotel rooms already reserved for FREE!! , due to about 500,000 Holiday Inn Frequent Flyer points!!! :yahoo:

Thanks for update, good thing you have all those free nights :) .

My plan was to either leave Thursday morning and ride straight to Eureka, however if I do it this way I would be a wreck for that night or leave Wednesday and stop overnight either in Memphis or to Little Rock to meet up with you guys.

My plan was to either leave Thursday morning and ride straight to Eureka, however if I do it this way I would be a wreck for that night or leave Wednesday and stop overnight either in Memphis or to Little Rock to meet up with you guys.
cummon down to Little Rock Chris with us

PM sent

anyone wants info on the mini Gathering in Little Rock on the way to Eureka Wed night and head north on Thurs morning

email me - mholiver at patriotguard dot org

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

I think you're right about being burned out if you do it in one day. Stopping in Little Rock, getting a good night's sleep and heading in with us fresh as a daisy

on Thursday, is a no brainer to me. Just my opinion. Cause when we get there, that's when the festivities will begin. Might want to be awake for that!! :yahoo:

When you leave Little Rock on Thursday A.M. which way you going?
Right now, We're thinking, stands up and twisting the throttle no later than 10ish. Straight up 65. One of my best buds in WPB grew up in AR and said 65

is gorgous and it's empty of traffic, all day!! Can't beat that!! :rolleyes:

the consensus at the moment is north on 65

but any alternatives at breakfast Thur morning would be invited to be discussed

don't know exactly how folks will be feeling then to make exact plans at this point on the details; there's flexibility
This is true!! Flexibility is a beautiful thing!! I highly recommend it!! Can't wait!! :clapping:

majicmaker (from FL) sent me a PM with his plans and I'm inclined to join him in an overnight stay Wed night in Little Rock.

I have a riding bud coming with me to share the room, but post up if ya looking to split a room and fee here

his comments are:

"let's stay at the:

3121 Bankhead Drive

Little Rock, AR 72206

(501) 490 4000

I stay there on business all the time. Great place and killer breakfast joint next door, and Cheap!"

post if interested

if you happen to research and find an attractive price for the hotel fee on the internet, pls share

Mike in Nawlins'
I wanted to mention an advantage to me of the Holiday Inn Express

I actually like, when cycle touring, motels with outside door access to the parking lot from the rooms; motor inns, if you will

usually these are older establishments and I look for the recently rennovated ones

The Holiday Inn Express Airport Little Rock has a "East Corridor" wing which, different from the rest of the place, has outside access to the parking lot rooms so ya door and window can face your Feej right outside. I like that alot.

Mike

Right now, We're thinking, stands up and twisting the throttle no later than 10ish. Straight up 65. One of my best buds in WPB grew up in AR and said 65

is gorgous and it's empty of traffic, all day!! Can't beat that!! :rolleyes:
I think something got missed, 65 is a main highway, always traffic.

If you want twisty, take highway 16 west of Clinton AR, all the way over to 21 or 23 (take your pick). One of the best!

:angry2: sshhhhhhiiitt!!! howz that for luck??? i live in the wrong fukin eureka! i hate when this happens. have a killer time folks and be safe. REMEMBER,... RUBBER SIDE DOWN.

his comments are:

"let's stay at the:

3121 Bankhead Drive

Little Rock, AR 72206

(501) 490 4000

post if interested

Mike in Nawlins'