• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Want to trade for or purchase Gen 3 exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeVA76

Reaction score
Ok, so I recognize that I am incredibly new here. I picked up a 2015 ES model last Thursday with 3,000 miles on it. The previous owner has what I believe to be the Delkevic 9" exhaust. It sounds great, but I'm a commuter and it's just way too much noise for me. They're spotless in appearance with exception to a small bit of rubber missing from the inside clamp on the left pipe.

I'm looking to trade straight up for the stock exhaust in similar condition or to buy a stock set if there is no interest in a trade. I recognize I have no history here. I did just sell a Ural Taiga over on Advrider under the name KawiVA76 and I have a good bit of history on Soviet Steeds.com under MikeVA76. I'm located in the DC area. If anybody is interested let me know. Pictures below, Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Mike!

9" stubby's like that are probably a little too loud for most us, so it may take awhile for someone to respond with a trade offer.

But if it helps, any FJR exhaust from any year should bolt right up.

Any chance you could contact the PO? He may have the stock exhaust collecting dust in his garage.

BTW, I love the liquid graphite '15's!

GLWS!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the first things I asked him when I first called about the bike. He got rid of it after buying the Delkevic setup. I figured it might take a while. I didn't realize any year would work. That should make it easier to source a stock setup. Thanks for the info. In the meantime I'll just deal with it. I commute 30+ miles each way on interstate, the droning is awful. Plus every boy racer revving their engine at you. It's like I'm 20 again, lol.

Mike

That was quick. Hope it consummates.

Yeah, MikeVA76 and no1passesme both have low post counts -- not a bad thing; just points out they probably haven't realized we're a bunch of old farts.
smile.png

Might also look into getting a set of baffles from Delkevic. I love my set of 13" tri-ovals, sometimes with the baffles out, sometimes with the baffles in.

These have the baffles in. Still too loud. I'm one of those loons that enjoys the utter utilitarian silence of stock exhaust.

Mike

I have the OEM exhaust from my '07 taking up space in my garage. They have the Trooper Mod done to them, so a little louder than stock, but not much. They're in really good shape. They have about 40k on them.

If you want them, pay for shipping and they're yours. I'll never use them again, and I don't care to weasel $100 out of anyone. Let me know. I can send pics if you want.

Here's a YouTube video of the Trooper Mod on the day I did it: