Warchild is famous!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeezer

Squirrelly Geezer
Reaction score
Okay, I haven't read it yet, but I was just told that Warchild's BBG world record is the focus of a Cycle World article this month. Doesn't look like the article is on their website.

Off to the newsstand!

Pffft.. just cuz somebody rides several back to back BBG's they do an article about them? Nobody did an article about one trip I made a couple years ago with a few HD riders - it took us 3.5 hrs to go 20 miles! (Really, I wish the last part was joke but its not).

Okay, I haven't read it yet, but I was just told that Warchild's BBG world record is the focus of a Cycle World article this month. Doesn't look like the article is on their website.
Off to the newsstand!

Famous for what? Is this a recent record attempt?
Yes, in latter 2007.

This forum was one of the very first to get details actually. Remember this thread? I'm sure the Cycle World will have additional content though....including a picture I took for our BBG In Chief.

MW033305.JPG

He did that on his second Blackbird. I'm on my second one, as well, but with not nearly as many miles on either. I like Blackbirds, but if I was even to think about doing ONE of those days, I'd have to be on the FJR. Still an amazing feat.

I have to say honestly, WC being a Veteran he is for sure "Navy Tough"!! A feat that may never be accomplished again.

Got my mag today. Page 27 -->

[SIZE=18pt]To Hell and Back[/SIZE]©

[SIZE=14pt]Masochistic, methodical or just plain mad? You be the judge.[/SIZE]

(Buy the Mag for the rest of the story.)

Would I kid you on April 1? :lol:

Do you want me to repost this again tomorrow, by the light of a more sober day?

Tis true, but it is hard to post corroborating evidence because it is one of those stupid white text on black background articles. The font color I used in the previous post is anatomically correct from the article. It is a half pager.

Last edited by a moderator: