Wave

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wave at the rider, I wave at the bike. By the time I see what there wearing, there past me, so why bother restricting who you wave at? B)

Issues JB? :hyper:

Two finger peace sign. Even gets a response from some of the Harley riders.
+1

Even wave at cops, hardly's and sometimes scooters if they catch me off guard :p

I'll wave at anything on two wheels, including those little scooter-vespa things. I figure they're just moments from death anyway; their last memory should be something friendly. And anyone brave enough to ride 30 screaming mph on a six horsepower push lawnmover engine in a sea of multiple-ton, cell-phone-addicted, pda-checking, movie-watching cagers doing 75mph has significant balls, and obviously doesn't give rat's arse what other people think. Admirable qualities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also wave at anything on two wheels. We have more in common with anyone on two wheels vs anything with four or more wheels!!!!!

Do have one small observation...... Rode to Florida two weeks ago to visit parents and found that the Harley riders there almost never returned a wave. This is not the case here in Eastern NC. It is VERY rare to not get a return wave here.

If you get hit by any SUV its not going to matter if you are on a6hp scooter or a 128hp FJR.

True, but it's a lot more avoidable when you've got serious horsepower, great brakes, and can go as fast as needed for the situation. Scooters are quite challenged in all those areas.

Waving to kids in mini-vans is fun. The kids get all excited and wave back. Then you feel the angry vibe coming from the driver's seat, telling the kids to stop associating with 'those' people. Wave some more, and the kids will grin from ear to ear.