Wear Gear, Buy Frame Sliders!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Police showed and got all the info. I have a copy of the incident report the cop gave me at the scene.
The guy that hit me actually called me last night to see how I was doing. He apologized again and told me to give him a call should I need anything.

As a side note, we both have the same insurance company.
Wow, almost identical to my situation. Hopefully the guy that smacked you is a bit more standup then the guy that hit me. Same basic thing, very apollogetic at the scene and such, file the claim with insurance and find out that he's disputing the claim. Granted in my case, there is no way it will work in his favor as there are 4 witnesses, 1 being the cop that worked the accident and another being the EMT that worked the accident. But still, the nerve the guy has is unbelieveable.

Hope everything goes smooth for ya. I'd be interested in hearing what the damage estimate is if ya don't mind. So far mine is around $3619 just for the bike damage. Wouldn't be as much cept for the fact that they agree'd to fully replace my holeshots rather then just cut me a check for the one that was damaged.

Again, glad you walked away without major personal damage.

Last edited:
A scary situation to say the least - Damn glad you're okay!!! :clapping:

Bike can be fixed.

Ride safe.

Lennie

P8302328.jpg
Urban Survival..., I guess your windshield decal sez it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, almost identical to my situation. Hopefully the guy that smacked you is a bit more standup then the guy that hit me. Same basic thing, very apollogetic at the scene and such, file the claim with insurance and find out that he's disputing the claim. Granted in my case, there is no way it will work in his favor as there are 4 witnesses, 1 being the cop that worked the accident and another being the EMT that worked the accident. But still, the nerve the guy has is unbelieveable.
Hope everything goes smooth for ya. I'd be interested in hearing what the damage estimate is if ya don't mind. So far mine is around $3619 just for the bike damage. Wouldn't be as much cept for the fact that they agree'd to fully replace my holeshots rather then just cut me a check for the one that was damaged.

The guy admoted to both the cop and insurance company that he was 100% at fault. We both have the same insurance carrier and the adjuster told me the guy admited fault. He seemed to be a pretty stand up guy from my conversations with him. Hard to be mad at the guy even though he did this to me and my bike.

I'll let you know the cost of the damage when I find out. I also plan on claiming the gear that was damaged.

The guy admoted to both the cop and insurance company that he was 100% at fault. We both have the same insurance carrier and the adjuster told me the guy admited fault. He seemed to be a pretty stand up guy from my conversations with him. Hard to be mad at the guy even though he did this to me and my bike.

I'll let you know the cost of the damage when I find out. I also plan on claiming the gear that was damaged.

Glad to hear your all right, good story to keep in mind when I balk at ATGATT on a wicked hot day.

I hope you itemized all the farkles on your insurance policy, because if they don't have it specifically listed as covered on your policy you can bet they are not going to pay dime one on the farkles.

some folks don't add the farkles to the insurance policy because it can increase the premium.

Cages suck ass.

Pick-up truck drivers are beyond oblivious.

My condolences on the incidentals, like lost, otherwise discretionary time, spent arguing with bean counters about why straightening your left side pipe isn't enough, and why you don't care about how old your PIAAs are, only what it's going to cost to replace them. Condolences, too, on the likely fact that the jacket you've come to love isn't made anymore, and the helmet you just lost isn't in stock anywhere. Then there's the prime Fall riding of the mid-Atlantic that you may miss out on while being completely uncompensated for your downed ride. Shit, you should demand a rental bike, JUST for the added aggravation.

Lastly: good boy. Way to go with the gear. Glad you're in pretty good shape.

Like many others have said, Glad you ok and it was not worse, the bike can be fixed, you can't be replaced.. Lots of threads about wrecks right now on forums, be safe out there!

Glad to see you ok. Most cages on the road don't think anything exists beyond their windshield! It could have been much worse. Thank God it wasn't.

You have my sympathy for the situation but so happy for the outcome.

I know several guys that are limping for the rest of their lives due to unplanned get-offs.

I'm a newbie here so forgive my ignorance but I noticed a chrome cylinder on the lower left side of your bike (3rd of your photos) - is that some kind of cooler or what?

I've been putting off buying the sliders but am now sufficiently motivated.

Now, I've got to search for what ATGATT stands for.

L Bo

You have my sympathy for the situation but so happy for the outcome.
I know several guys that are limping for the rest of their lives due to unplanned get-offs.

I'm a newbie here so forgive my ignorance but I noticed a chrome cylinder on the lower left side of your bike (3rd of your photos) - is that some kind of cooler or what?

I've been putting off buying the sliders but am now sufficiently motivated.

Now, I've got to search for what ATGATT stands for.

L Bo
I feel like I got very lucky, the outcome could have been much worse.

The "chrome cylinder" is a highway peg. It folds up when not in use. I took the picture to show how the mounting bracket was bent. If you look around the forum you will find the highway pegs for the FJR.

ATGATT = All The Gear All The Time

Glad to hear you are going to be OK.
Are you going to put in a claim to remain ATGATT?
I plan on making them pay for the gear they ruined. The insurance company assured me they would replace the helmet, haven't had a chance to talk to them about the other stuff.

ej,was your wife upset about your incident?
Yeah she was upset, not to the point of asking me not to ride though. I think she knows that would be futile. She still wants to ride with me also. She understands these things happen and figures the likelyhood of an incident like this happening again is very slim.

I think she worries more when I go riding with a couple of the guys. :D

ej,was your wife upset about your incident?
Yeah she was upset, not to the point of asking me not to ride though. I think she knows that would be futile. She still wants to ride with me also. She understands these things happen and figures the likelyhood of an incident like this happening again is very slim.

I think she worries more when I go riding with a couple of the guys. :D
...hmmmm I wonder why that is?? :)

Glad to hear you are going to be OK.
Are you going to put in a claim to remain ATGATT?
I plan on making them pay for the gear they ruined. The insurance company assured me they would replace the helmet, haven't had a chance to talk to them about the other stuff.

Most insurance companies will only reimburse you for gear that is legally required. Last time I crashed I ruined my helmet and marred up my leathers. State Farm only paid for the helmet. They said I could place a claim my against home owner's policy if I need the leathers replaced.