Wear Gear, Buy Frame Sliders!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you are going to be OK.
Are you going to put in a claim to remain ATGATT?
I plan on making them pay for the gear they ruined. The insurance company assured me they would replace the helmet, haven't had a chance to talk to them about the other stuff.

Most insurance companies will only reimburse you for gear that is legally required. Last time I crashed I ruined my helmet and marred up my leathers. State Farm only paid for the helmet. They said I could place a claim my against home owner's policy if I need the leathers replaced.
Interesting, a friend of mine was also hit by a car and had all his gear replaced on the inurers dime. The way I see it, the truck hit me which caused the damage to my gear. Had he not hit me, I would have incurred no damage. I plan to have the cargo pants I was wearing replaced also, they were not motorcycle gear, just work pants.

Also, helmets are not required by law in PA.

Since the guy who hit me has the same insurance carrier I do, I plan to get my way. I've dealt with insurance companies on a few occassions and have always got what I wanted despite the fact they didn't always agree with me. Who knows, maybe this will be the one time I lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
We seem to be having a trend with these accidents lately. Glad to hear you are ok though. Getting into an accident is no fun. Just hope those injuries dont catch up to you. Stay safe.

Eric

Again, glad you're okay.

GEAR - Because walking away in disgust beats riding away in an ambulance!

Another Q: Was your pickup driver on the phone? That's what gets me is how oblivious people are while driving and gabbing at the same time. Should be extreme penalties!

Since the guy who hit me has the same insurance carrier I do, I plan to get my way. I've dealt with insurance companies on a few occassions and have always got what I wanted despite the fact they didn't always agree with me. Who knows, maybe this will be the one time I lose.
Since he hit you HIS policy should take care of it.

Again, glad you're okay. GEAR - Because walking away in disgust beats riding away in an ambulance!Another Q: Was your pickup driver on the phone? That's what gets me is how oblivious people are while driving and gabbing at the same time. Should be extreme penalties!
Not that I know of although I may be wrong.I'm a firm believer in wearing gear. This incident just proves it even more to me.
Since he hit you HIS policy should take care of it.
Exactly, his policy will take the hit, although being with the same carrier can't hurt.

How about an update. Your name comes up every time we drive around Green Lane. What's the status on bike repairs?