Well, I went an done it.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colonel Panic

Reaction score
Test drove a 04 with 14K miles. $7500. Only a couple of small blems. What a great bike!!! :D

Only complaint is that I kept reaching for sixth gear. Yamaha really missed the boat on that one.

First thing is to put some real horns on there. Now were is that link to the horn farkle? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

You test rode it but did you buy it?

If so you will love it. Good luck, Dave

Test drove a 04 with 14K miles. $7500. Only a couple of small blems. What a great bike!!! :D
Awesome! Welcome. I put the fiamm horns on my '05. That made huge improvements.

I'm in NW GA near Villa Rica. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime.

Ride safe,

From one '04 owner to another, glad you like your new bike; hopefully you grow to love it.

(don't worry about the sixth gear, she still gets great gas mileage, and with the fifth gear, she's right in the power band when you need it)

Congradulations Colonel! :clapping:

Now you need to take it up to the mountains and see what she will do.

The wife and I will most likely be heading up to the mountains this weekend. You are welcome to join us.

Congradulations Colonel! :clapping: Now you need to take it up to the mountains and see what she will do.

The wife and I will most likely be heading up to the mountains this weekend. You are welcome to join us.
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I am committed for the next few weekends. I will be contacting you three or four weeks.

That desire for 6th gear is standard reaction for most of us in the beginning......but you'll get over that.

Before you know it, you'll be kicking down a gear at every opportunity just for the fun of it.

If anyone so much as types the slightest blurb as to the resemblence of Colonel Panic's avatar and a certain to be unnamed admin.................................................

Your TOAST!!!!

If anyone so much as types the slightest blurb as to the resemblence of Colonel Panic's avatar and a certain to be unnamed admin.................................................
Your TOAST!!!!
I think the word is canny.

Would that be wheat or sourdough......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks good though.

R

That desire for 6th gear is standard reaction for most of us in the beginning......but you'll get over that.Before you know it, you'll be kicking down a gear at every opportunity just for the fun of it.
Yup, the engine loves RPMs and the torque in 5th is just the thing for blasting by gaggles of trucks on the interstate. Maybe if I lived in Kansas or something but otherwise I wouldn't use a 6th gear.

You can also go the the mod I did on my 04 in parts and accessories topic horn.. I put a 139db nautilis horn on mine.

139 db horn

congrats, you did good !

nice to know fjr 's hold their value,,, i paid $3000 more for my 03 ,, 5 1/2 yrs ago........ not bad..

I ride the back roads of Dawsonvile/ Dahlonega , GA at least twice a week...what part of North GA are you in? [city]

after you put some miles on it ,,, you won,t miss not having a sixth gear.....

i have done the horn farkle, and dam near every other farkle know to feejers .... ,, shout out if you need help !

I ride to eat, and eat to ride,,,, so if know just about every little Maw and Paw Restaurant in the N Ga hills....

let,s ride sometime

congrats, you did good !
nice to know fjr 's hold their value,,, i paid $3000 more for my 03 ,, 5 1/2 yrs ago........ not bad..

I ride the back roads of Dawsonvile/ Dahlonega , GA at least twice a week...what part of North GA are you in? [city]
Jonathan, I sent you a PM with contact info. Get in touch.

Lance