We're a month out from the meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
& have already broken the "100 bike" threshold. Boy, this is gonna' be a fun meet!

Has there been a time set for the group picture? I wouldn't want to miss that one.

I just hope the group shot is in color this year and I hope GEEZER doesn't get scared and need a hug again because I'm not doing it this time..... :lol:

132383.jpg

This year we need to have the bikes pointing toward the building we used for registration last year.

Last year the sun was setting right behind the bikes and it caused too much flair.

My ex-gf will probably let me borrow her fisheye lens if needed for 150ish bikes.

I think that the bikes were pointed towards the building, weren't they? Do you mean that we should move the pic to the other side of the building?

Please tell us official photog. ;)

I just hope the group shot is in color this year and I hope GEEZER doesn't get scared and need a hug again because I'm not doing it this time..... :lol:
But I like hugs. Preferably from the female folks. ;) Deena is not coming with me this year so I won't have a designated hugger. :(

This summer is going by way too fast. Goin' fishin' this weekend but I'll start planning and preparing for EOM next week. Hmmmm, I wonder when I'll get to that list of work around the house from last winter that I put off until summer. :rolleyes:

We had them facing the hotel front last year.

We should (if possible) get them facing towards where we had the yamaha banner hanging on Friday '07, but have them far enough away so we can get them all in frame.

You gonna' stand on the top of that building to get the shot? If I remember correctly, there were no rooms above that conference room.

Ok then, I'm asking you to speak with Mr. John Walz, Sr PIA of the Brier Inn.

UNLESSSSSS... like my old friend used to say... sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness then to ask permission. But I don't think that is cool in this case. I hope that we, as a motorcycling group make a good impression.

If it's not ok with him, which I'm doubting that it will be, we need to figure something else out. How about moving the bikes to the back of the building?

Last edited by a moderator:
This year we need to have the bikes pointing toward the building we used for registration last year.Last year the sun was setting right behind the bikes and it caused too much flair.

My ex-gf will probably let me borrow her fisheye lens if needed for 150ish bikes.
I've got a wide-angle lens I can bring. Starts at 20 mm, IIRC.

132383.jpg
Can we at least get him to shave this year? That beard just doesn't photograph well.

Or we could turn then 90 degrees and face the other part of the hotel that does have a 2nd floor. At least the sun will not be directly in the camera lens. Just a thought. As for the back of the building, I'm not sure , but I do not think there is as much room for the bikes to park 3 or 4 deep. But I agree with Heidi, we do not want to break any of the hotel rules to get this photo. I'm in love with this hotel and the whole area, and if you asked me, I'd say lets have EOM 2010 there again as I doubt I'll get to ride all the great routes.

UNLESSSSSS... like my old friend used to say... sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission. But I don't think that is cool in this case. I hope that we, as a motorcycling group make a good impression.

If it's not ok with him, which I'm doubting that it will be, we need to figure something else out. How about moving the bikes to the back of the building?

Why not just do a video and have everyone drive by the camera.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

No? OK never mind.

I vote for the high Quality Video, And have our video expert babbles do the editing and make some great stills out of the video...

UNLESSSSSS... like my old friend used to say... sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission. But I don't think that is cool in this case. I hope that we, as a motorcycling group make a good impression.

Wouldn't a 8 foot step ladder work? I'm pretty sure we could round one up.

Ya' know Jim, that probably would! Let's see what official photog says... Hey photog.. were are you???

132383.jpg
Can we at least get him to shave this year? That beard just doesn't photograph well.
I only shave when I have to go in to the office, so NO, I won't shave for EOM. How about I keep my riding boots on so my ankles won't show? ;)