West Virginia Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me in calling today to book .Was just looking thorugh the pocahontas county booklet which is titled NATURES MOUNTAIN PLAYGROUND Looks like a blast . see ya soon

I'll bring my FJR hat, then you'll have no trouble finding us.

Chris

Darn! That what I was going to wear so you would know who I am. Oh yes, and I will be riding a FJR .

I know! I know..... I will have Ontario plates.
Are you 5' 9", mid 40's about 30 lbs overweight, very short gray hair, very strong (so I'm told by folks on this side of the pond) british accent, if not then Heidi can probably figure out the difference. :p

Chris

Are you 5' 9", mid 40's about 30 lbs overweight, very short gray hair, very strong (so I'm told by folks on this side of the pond) british accent, if not then Heidi can probably figure out the difference. :p

Chris

Thinking that I'll probably be able to pick you out of a talking crowd, Chris. You & wheaton have a good & safe trip out to play,

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Thinking that I'll probably be able to pick you out of a talking crowd, Chris. You & wheaton have a good & safe trip out to play,

Heidi

We will Heidi. I'm off tommorrow and Chris has already left. We meet at US 421 & 133 at about 2pm Sunday afternoon.

Ride Safe y'all!

Mark/wheaton

We will Heidi. I'm off tommorrow and Chris has already left. We meet at US 421 & 133 at about 2pm Sunday afternoon.
Ride Safe y'all!

Mark/wheaton

Oh now... that meet spot means SHADY VALLEY! Been quite a few times. I love it there! No disappointments.

Be sure to explore both sides of 421...above & below the country store. Take a right turn & you're in tight sweeper hell... take a left turn & you're in some of the best that TN has to offer... tight curves & switchbacks. You will not be disappointed by taking any of those roads. Rte 91 is also great. I "think" that's the run that goes up Holsten Mountain... really shaded forested type scenery.

DRAGON SHMAGON!

Please be careful... especially on the leg of 421 to the left off of 133 going towards Mountain City. That's the site of many a highside/lowside... including me & one of the other forum's people. I was informed by one of the locals that almost everyone goes down in the "motorcycle playground". Be sure to stop into the country store and get yourself a tee shirt.

So Mark... will be looking forward to meeting you, your trunk monkey & all the other people. Be safe.

Heidi

Heidi,

I am catching US 421 in Indiana and taking it all the way down to 133 where I will meet Chris & Acadian Rider. We will get ourselves over to Cherokee, NC that night.

Thanks for the tips and advice.

I will see you and the others at the ST.net meet and the Ramble!

add me to the list,I'll be there- where shall you guys and gals be at 9am., Friday Morning.
ALRIGHT JEFF!

I'm betting that on Friday @ 9 am we'll be just getting ready to leave Canaan. I pm'd yamaholic about our departure time & he hasn't gotten back. Perhaps this is a better place to post. Good idea.

I'm in, a late decision but made reservations today. Will not be attending the ST event so I will be riding down from Northern Ohio on Friday morning. Is there any one else from this area going ?

I'm in, a late decision but made reservations today. Will not be attending the ST event so I will be riding down from Northern Ohio on Friday morning. Is there any one else from this area going ?
Great, looking forward to seeing you there!

Plan on being at the Canaan Valley Resort at 9:00. We'll likely leave sometime between 9--9:30

I am leaving home friday morning in the am crossing over at Buffalo. Taking the super slab I 90 to I 79 south to Bridgeport.

I just came upon this thread and will happen to be in the area on Sunday. I am leaving from Wisconsin first thing Saturday and staying in Columbus that night. I will be heading to Summit Point Raceway on Sunday night. It looks like the group may not have a definitive plan but if you had an idea of where lunch would be I could possibly blend it into my route.

Would anyone be able to suggest a scenic route from Columbus for the way down?

Is HWY 50 across from Bridgeport to Winchester any good or should I look elsewhere for a decent route?

Thanks,

Barry

bmac,

Sorry nobody responded to you. We were already into our ride by the time that you posted. Maybe we can catch up some other time.

BTW... riding was GREAT!

Heidi

bmac,Sorry nobody responded to you. We were already into our ride by the time that you posted. Maybe we can catch up some other time.

BTW... riding was GREAT!

Heidi

welcome home Heidi, everybody ok?? man, did we have some great rides or what??? :yahoo: I did 502 miles Sunday on the way home. Rode from 8am til 2:45, ALL TWIST!!! Never thought I'd get tired of twisty roads, but whew, I was cooked by the time I got back 6:30pm.

All in all, 3 days, 1184 miles, 1 minor "off-road" adventure.

Thanks guys for bearing w/ my riding style :comando:

Thanks to YAMAHOLIC, for thegood choice of roads, and I'm still sorry I recommended rt72, a lil' beat up, compared to others.

bmac,Sorry nobody responded to you. We were already into our ride by the time that you posted. Maybe we can catch up some other time.

BTW... riding was GREAT!

Heidi
I was pretty sure my post was going to be too late but I thought I would give it a shot. I found some decent roads on my own but I'll never know what I may have missed.