WFO-9 REGISTRATION

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Matt ......................... add another DUH !! ( Iggy now cranky) Forgot city and state...... but we're in with the PayPal and other info. :yahoo:
Sooooo, some of "youse guys" think it's your assignment in life to give Matt a new handle?

Shall we start a poll?

1.) Cranky Iggy

2.) MadMatt

3.) sconvolgere l'ignacio

4.) Matthew Loco

5.)

It probably isn't good to get one of the admins P.O.'d.....

.....I'm jes' sayin'.

I'd hate to see anyone's registration get lost....... :blink:
I dunno about a poll, but I certainly have a few to add to the list.....
angel.gif

Sooooo, some of "youse guys" think it's your assignment in life to give Matt a new handle?Shall we start a poll?

1.) Cranky Iggy

2.) MadMatt

4.) Matthew Loco

5.)

.....I'm jes' sayin'.

I'm rather tickled with the carrot idea that I'm giving drink tickets to those folks that register without fuss and muss.

And I'm even more tickled today with the idea that I'll take the unused tickets myself. I've got a enough right now to get me a good starting buzz for Friday and if trends continue by Saturday my new handle could be:

5) Lush-o-Mattic

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo, some of "youse guys" think it's your assignment in life to give Matt a new handle?Shall we start a poll?

1.) Cranky Iggy

2.) MadMatt

4.) Matthew Loco

5.)

.....I'm jes' sayin'.

I'm rather tickled with the carrot idea that I'm giving drink tickets to those folks that register without fuss and muss.

And I'm even more tickled today with the idea that I'll take the unused tickets myself. I've got a enough right now to get me a good starting buzz for Friday and if trends continue by Saturday my new handle could be:

5) Lush-o-Mattic

;)
Matt I will meet you at the bar......

R

1.) Cranky Iggy

2.) MadMatt

4.) Matthew Loco

5.)

.....I'm jes' sayin'.

5) Lush-o-Mattic

;)
Matt I will meet you at the bar......

R
..fixed it for ya..

Matt I will be living in the bar......

Richard.

......... :rolleyes:

Just got one more drink ticket! Seems $280 works better as a multiple of $140 than $165 does. ;)
FWIW --

Anyone who has not booked a meet for more than one person, but is used to booking for seminars, is likely to get $165 from the instructions if he's bringing a pillion and wants to get her a shirt, too. In seminars, it's the professional taking the seminar that is the "registrant" and it's common to book hotel space and to come to the no host cocktail parties, etc. with that significant other, for whom no registration fee is required. Make it clear that total number of persons attending in one's party (not motorcycles or forum members*) is what is referred to as "registrants" and I suspect you'll see the math problem disappear. Read it from that perspective (and not that of someone who has either organized dozens of M/C meets or who has attended with a pillion before) and you'll see what I mean.

* After all, the pillion probably doesn't have the required forum handle, and is probably the one for whom the different sized shirt is intended.

Deb just tried to book a room at the hotel. Still a problem for them it seems !

They are going to call her back when they have the problem resolved with the group rate codes, ROOM AVAILABILITY !!, etc --- hope so :huh:

Maybe it's a problem for whoever answers the phone there , other than SAMANTHA ,---- who is supposed to be calling back.

"" UPDATE "" ------- Samantha just called back ............... rest easy all you future registrants :yahoo: balance is restored :yahoo:

Room reserved for 3 nights for the RogDebs :yahoo:

Thanks to Hal, Matt and all others involved in this endeavor :clapping:

Just got one more drink ticket! Seems $280 works better as a multiple of $140 than $165 does. ;)
FWIW --

Anyone who has not booked a meet for more than one person, but is used to booking for seminars, is likely to get $165 from the instructions if he's bringing a pillion and wants to get her a shirt, too. In seminars, it's the professional taking the seminar that is the "registrant" and it's common to book hotel space and to come to the no host cocktail parties, etc. with that significant other, for whom no registration fee is required. Make it clear that total number of persons attending in one's party (not motorcycles or forum members*) is what is referred to as "registrants" and I suspect you'll see the math problem disappear. Read it from that perspective (and not that of someone who has either organized dozens of M/C meets or who has attended with a pillion before) and you'll see what I mean.

* After all, the pillion probably doesn't have the required forum handle, and is probably the one for whom the different sized shirt is intended.
Thanks Rich. This makes me feel better about my registration blunder. Still sorry to cause extra work for the event organizers.

I'm registered. I received confirmation. I wasn't scolded and I detected no snarkage. I think I have a drink coming my way. This way at least one of my planned on 30 Tequila beverages will be covered. I wonder if Oregon has duty free - its kind of like a foreign country.

First round of registrations processed! E-mails sent to those that have PayPaled as of 11 p.m.
[SIZE=36pt]24[/SIZE] signed up already!

Hal, myself, staff, and fellow WFO-9 attendees thank you! :clapping: :clapping:

Mostly California with one person as far as Oklahoma.

Several people forgot to include shirt sizes...so they'll be getting a bunch of XL unless they reply. That's the stick.

For the carrot: whoever gets details right the first time gets a free drink ticket at the event!!!!!
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

... and at least one Canuck in the bunch...

Reserved my room this morning!

And will now enjoy planning my my 15-day Ride Vacation...

Until I get to Eureka and enjoy my extra free drink...

Cool! :rolleyes:

I'm doing the Happy Dance!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

First round of registrations processed! E-mails sent to those that have PayPaled as of 11 p.m.

Several people forgot to include shirt sizes...so they'll be getting a bunch of XL unless they reply. That's the stick.

For the carrot: whoever gets details right the first time gets a free drink ticket at the event!!!!!
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

France ?!

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

France ?!
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Yes...

I have been practicing for years, got to be ready for WFO time. I think I may need to exercise BYOB to keep costs inline with budget though.

I have been practicing for years, got to be ready for WFO time. I think I may need to exercise BYOB to keep costs inline with budget though.
Uhhh, ya know what? With what promises to become a party that has already started, and if I attend :dribble: it may very well become my own undoing. This decision is a personal thing I need to consider, I don't think I'm going to make this one!

How's the riding in the Redding/Eureka/Yreka quadrant in May? Weather probably good, roads dry, sun angle at spring equinox etc?

Y'all have a fun time and be safe in July!

I registered correctly and booked a room with no problems.

How can this be? I'm over 50 and from NorCal.

Probably just stoned and thought I did it right.

Iggy you can have my drink ticket.

I don't drink, just ask Niehart. :dribble: :dribble: