WFO, A unique BBG, Colorado, more Utah ......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You took a pic of this lake off of 145 between Telluride and Cortez

That's Trout Lake. Sherri's dad loved to fish there. We stopped by there in '05 in his memory.

DSC00740.jpg

The fact you saw the washes full of water in Utah is awesome. You are truly lucky to have seen that as a traveller. woohoo!

My other favorite pic from 145 (Lizard's Head Pass)

DSC00735.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You took a pic of this lake off of 145 between Telluride and Cortez
That's Trout Lake. Sherri's dad loved to fish there. We stopped by there in '05 in his memory.

The fact you saw the washes full of water in Utah is awesome. You are truly lucky to have seen that as a traveller. woohoo!

My other favorite pic from 145 (Lizard's Head Pass)
Andrew, glad you and sherri like them. Wow, you got the names down and obviously know that area. I appreciate the advice you gave me at WFO ...at the time you knew what kind of wonderful adventures were down the road for me ..when I had no idea.
I didn't have much time around Trout Lake etc etc ...in fact you'll notice the vast majority of those pics were taken while moving. So many pockets of CO that I want to go back and explore. I have etched in my mind hundreds of spurs ...roads leading off the other roads, and i know tha they must go to wonderful places. I'd like to go back, pick a town and do hard day rides out out of that town for about 3days and then head to the next pocket and do the same. Would probably be 3weeks of hard riding every day to get the covers pulled back on some good stuff. for me it will probably have to come week at a time but I sure look forward to starting that.

What a wonderful place to enjoy the scenery and some prett descent roads to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now read your report for the second time, great pictures and report that went along with them. I can see that you have enjoyed Colorado as much as I do. Something keeps me going back there, only a 800 mile ride from where I live and there I am.

Maybe once more this summer.

Regards

Mac