WFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a better sheep fu....individual doesn't exist for the job at hand. Actually, I was just discussing that with another rider here, and we agreed that one has to be careful when covering anything for a trip like this. Kind of like the Front End Bra times 8 bazillion. Not sure what if anything I'll use.

:D

And a better sheep fu....individual doesn't exist for the job at hand. Actually, I was just discussing that with another rider here, and we agreed that one has to be careful when covering anything for a trip like this. Kind of like the Front End Bra times 8 bazillion. Not sure what if anything I'll use.

I'll bet you'll be hating the fact you didn't ride the bike all the way to WFO by the time you hit Reno, you'll be passing through great riding territory. with the Homer Simson.. DOH.. playing in your head again and again. You'll be restricted to 55 towing a trailer in most states, and I've um heard..... you can do twice that in some western states on the bike. The U haul trailers tow like shit, but then again you could always sell the Marquis in Reno........they're big with the loser gamblers and the crank addicts ! :D

Done deal. Scored a cheapie open UHaul scoot trailer with clown tires for $15 a day, best deal I could find. Frank should qualify for dirtiest bike award when I arrive, it'll look like I rode through hell for sure. But I'll get there. Hell yeah. I'm hyped for sure!
You better leave now, if you want to get there before August. :lol:

Actually, I was just discussing that with another rider here, and we agreed that one has to be careful when covering anything for a trip like this. Kind of like the Front End Bra times 8 bazillion. Not sure what if anything I'll use.
Don't know about others, but I know Geza covers are supposedly good for trailering at speed...

Geza bike cover

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made the trip over a dozen times, being as I drove truck for a while when between car jobs. Have also done it in a 69 GTX, a 84 VW GTI Rabbit, a 70 Coupe DeVille, a 73 ElectraGlide (more fun than you might think), several Mopar Mini Vans (a new Twn & Ctry that was pretty sweet) so I'm familiar with the trip, the speed, the scenery. the area. ;)

Hey Rad, you should have just kept quiet about the Mercury and pulled the stunt the vast majority of Harley-Davidson™ owners do at Sturgis. Simply pull over 25 miles away from Reno, park the car and trailer in the desert. Roll around on the ground to get a little dirty and then ride “Frank” the last dub-five, while claiming you rode the entire way!

For a little more effect you can run over to TC Harley-Davidson™ and pick up a couple of left-over Harley-Davidson™ 100th Anniversary gas tank badges and apply them to “Frank’s” tank.

:D

Is "frank" the brother of "wonky"?
I believe "life partners" is the currently favored terminology.... :huh:
Well, I hope Wonky isn't jealous of the cool trailer that Frank is using. I'm not sure just what she'll think when she sees the orange paint. (Allthough, if you think about it, it does kind of go with my Hi-Viz stitch, in a Chinese Dragon kind of way)

Yes, the forum may as well know, it's now out in the open. Frank and Wonky are related - spawned from the same mountain of ore, adopted at different times by different familys, they are destined to meet at WFO-5. Stay tuned. :p

I think I'll name mine...."jackie". As in jackie O....o....o.....nassis.....she was such a hottie back in her days.

I think I'll name mine...."jackie". As in jackie O....o....o.....nassis.....she was such a hottie back in her days.
Since you resemble Eleanor Roosevelt, that would be most appropriate. :blink:

Frank: Are we there yet?

Rad: No

Rad: I said no

Rad: NO!

Rad: Get out! Just get the hell OUT!

Frank: I gotta pee...

Love when you push the envelope with Rad, Scab....just remember to watch your backside @ WFO.... :blink:

Frank: I gotta pee...
Now that would be sumpin. A jap bike leakin all over. I'd probably be parked near Spiders hangout when it happened too.......... :blink: