WFO8 - Paging Idahoians !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
There's a reasonable, supportive shop in Moscow, Idaho. At past WFO's, there's always been a local shop that will accommodate requests for service work and tire changes for those that need them.

If you know of just such a shop in or close to Moscow, please let us know. I'll give them a call and have a talk with the service manager.

TIA !!

KD

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Idaho. According to Mapquest I'm 570 miles from Moscow. And I wouldn't trust my local dealer with a Huffy.

The dealer in Moscow is Palouse Country Sports, but I have no idea how good they are:

PALOUSE COUNTRY SPORTS

101 E PALOUSE RIVER DR

MOSCOW, ID 83843-8914

Phone: 208-882-8318

Fax: 208-882-9191

Email: [email protected]

I needed a new rear tire at the other WFO in Moscow and Palouse got it done. Nice people and didn't scratch anything (more than I can say for some other dealers that have changed my tires).

As I didn't know I could kill a tire that fast I hadn't planned ahead so they put on the only tire in their inventory that would fit, a POS Dunlop. It came off 1,000 miles later in favour of new Azaros both ends as soon as I got home. Still have it in the garage - don't know why I keep this shit!

There are two Yamaha dealers in Spokane, WA, a pleasant 90 mile ride north of Moscow, ID, and one near the WA/ID border on I-90.

Westside Motorsports (the biggest shop in the area)

4201 S Grove Rd

Spokane, WA 99224

(509) 747-1862

westsideracing.com

River City Yamaha (the smallest shop)

3932 W Riverbend Ave

Post Falls, ID

(208) 457-8010

https://shoprivercityyamaha.com/

Allsport (my favorite of the 3)

17808 E Appleway Ave

Spokane Valley, WA 99016

(509) 926-5044

allsportracing.com

Allsport is currently in the process of taking over the Yamaha dealership from the former "Spokane Yamaha" in Spokane Valley which closed their doors a few months ago. Good people, some of whom I've known for 25 years.

Sorry I haven't been checking this section of the forum much lately.

I do live in Moscow, but I have an upcoming surgery and probably won't be able to ride for WFO.

And I haven't been able to ride or teach for 2 months as well.

Here is the info you want,

Palouse Country Sports is who was used at last WFO held in Moscow, and Matt the actual mechanic was highly spoken of.

I bought my FJR from James at Palouse Country and went to high school with him 2 decades ago lol.

But sadly Matt who had been their mechanic for just over 10 years quit about 3 months after I got the FJR.

BUT here is the good news, Matt just opened his own shop literally within the past 2 weeks.

Matt is still an FJR owner himself and I know he did many oil changes and tire changes at last WFO in Moscow.

He is just starting out and would probably love the business..... he will be the one who works on all my bikes now that he is back in business.

Very friendly young guy, he's like 29 or 30 but has been a Yamaha mechanic for like 12 years now.

Here is his info:

Revolution Motorsports LLC. I will have full parts and service avalible very soon (early June), so come down to

1917 S. Main St (across the street from John Deere) or call 883-7800 and say hi!

Also Palouse Country Sports has 2 mechanics now, it took 2 to replace Matt :rolleyes:

And they are approx. 300 yards from Matt's new shop.

Please give Matt a call, I am sure he would love to support WFO again.

I hope to see you all there even though I probably won't be able to ride yet.

Eric