What a nice year it's been...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
Well, I'm tarred and can't stay awake any longer, so:

Happy One Year Anniversary to Moi as a member of this superb forum.

I've gotten much more out of you sick depraved alcoholic great people than I've contributed.

Let's see, I'll have nightmare dream about Bust's sheep, Mizz Bust's burden, Howie's whining, O'Vale and TWN's leaving, SFO and Michelle, GBlue's beer crimes, Tyler and Barb, Fred's subtlety, Odot's upcoming downfall, deer strikes, track dudes, oil, tires, air pressures, gasoline brands, suspension settings, buying and selling including used plugs and used tires, people's pets, all varities of youtube, Warchild's seven 1500 mile days, and Iggy's IBA rally. Oh, and I made it 12 months with Iggy only once crashing my sig and never a warn meter. I'll try to do better this upcoming 12 months by pushing more sensitive buttons.

Yep, more than one dream that included Tyler, Barb, Scoops, and/or MEM.

And then there's my bike and the atomic engine club. Thank gawd there's the Phoenix group. 33k miles in 9 months and I wanted to contribute 50k to the million mile push. Gonna have to get riding to make that up in Dec.

There were folks who went down or had an "ah shit" incident. Some hit forest rats, one hit a lil bunny, one hit a lil kitty, and one of our gals hit a big semi truck. We are reminded to trust no one in a cage, curse those who talk on phones or eat or put on makeup while driving. We feel paranoia seeing vehicles coming up from our rear. Everyone we see coming toward us in the other lane will definitely turn left in front of us. One member highly recommends a stebel air horn to be mounted somewhere on the outside for maximum warning decibels. Most of us wave either to other bikers, or in response to theirs.

There's those with a second, or third, or fourth, or a baker's dozen of other bikes in their hangars.

There's the variety of "other bike parts" farkles like fz1 mirrors and vstrom handguards. There are seat purchases and suspension upgrades that require a second mortgage on a home.

There's the forum members as vendors and those that are unmentionable.

Forum inventors provide us with highway pegs, horn harnesses, switch harness improvements, passenger floorboards, and paint repairs and powder coating/exhaust can caps/passenger backrests and luggage racks/who knows what else.

There's the increase the stock tank size and the auxilary tank projects. There was the naked FJR project.

SFO was a blast and I hope to make all or most of these Gatherings somewhere near me. Missed EOM for a variety of reasons, but will be there in '10.

Made lots of friends and laughed with many of you, cried with some, and gave a bit, but received much more as time went on. I had the occasional "bitch and moan" session with a few of you, but like men, we shook hands in cyberspace and moved on.

I'll say it again like I did last Mon Nov 30th:

paraphrasing Jackie Gleason at the end of all his variety shows: 'The Miami Beach audience is the greatest audience in the world! "

well "Feej riders are the greatest bunch of folks in the world"

Don da DCarver said it best then:

"The main reason I stay on this board - good peeps getting help and pooped on, appropriately."

many a post ended this way: Glad it ain't Friday !!!

a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night...

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess that covers just about everything and everyone.

Hope the "new" bike gives you many more miles.

(Love the Christmas avatar.)

after sleeping n pondering a bit more let me add/edit a few:

I remember intense anxiety over Tyler, Dennis, Jim, Carl, and others. Each time I wondered if it was worth it and came to the same conclusion that it was. There was a missing rider for over a week till he was found after taking his last breath.

I still cry over folks I never met, but read their posts and stories. Again, OVale and TWN seem to be on the top of the list of many including me.

Then there is the thought I sincerely don't know where to file away. I made and participated in some gay joking. Then I "watched" a sweet, generous, gay man's journey to death with dignity and charm. I cried reading his journal and reading he had passed to his reward. I cried thinking about what his husband was going through.

And lastly, but most importantly, I cried then and am crying now over the loss of a cyber friend's hero son. That one continues to get me right in the heart and I'll never forget both Dad and Son. I say a prayer for both of them daily.

Good on ya Mike :good:

I've always know these folks to be a fine group but, they even surprised this crotchety fuk this year.

:jester:

You guys certainly make this the great forum that it is. Hopefully the new year will bring some kind of chance to travel and meet some of you all in person. I hope we can greet the new year with some safe travels and hopefully Tyler and others can continue healing and get back on the road. Merry Christmas and Happy new Years from Maryland!

Thanks,

Keith and Terry

Avatars are improving with Tyler's and Barb's! Now all we have to do is convince Bust and Toe to change theirs so we don't get sick everytime the post up.

This place suxors and everyone on it suxors and the FJR suxors.
So there.

:finger:
Ohhhhh, go for a ride, will ya?

Mike? thanks for being here :kiss2:
I'd LOVE to go for a ride, but the back tire is toast, haven't mounted the new Michelin car tire, and THIS is headed my way:

wx.jpg

That summbitch is 350 miles wide!!! :dribble: :blink:

I'd LOVE to go for a ride, but the back tire is toast, haven't mounted the new Michelin car tire, and THIS is headed my way:
wx.jpg

Yes Sir it is............I have been in that Weather front since leaving Baton Rouge and still in it in Tallahassee. Hopefully it passes me up tonight. :blink:

wx.jpg

Let's see, I'll have nightmare dream about Bust's sheep, Mizz Bust's burden, Howie's whining... :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:
https://www.fjriders.com/forum/images/smilies/****.gif

001_icon16.gif

drinks.gif

Nicely done, Mike. You've definitely made a significant contribution to the colour and flavour of this Forum :) (geez, sounds like something to eat)

Nicely done, Mike. You've definitely made a significant contribution to the colour and flavour of this Forum :) (geez, sounds like something to eat)
Kinda like his Rooftop Santa Claus is adding color and flavor to the ground below? :blum:

Damn I lover yer new avatar. :blink: :blink: ...and Barb's, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno about you all, but I love reading the caption under MEM's avatar and then looking up at the pic...

"Do, or do not"

kinda makes ya go "hhhhmmmmmm", don't it?

wx.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]350 miles wide.....thats Los Robustos big!![/SIZE]