What Camera Do You Take on a Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an HP R827 7.2MP point-n-shoot. I think it was 175 at Costco. It isn't a photophile's camera, but it does take great pictures and has some cool features like highspeed stability and a panoramic '5 pic and string them together' thing that I haven't figured out.

Here's some examples.

This one was taken at about 65mph

Picture052007110.jpg

not moving... Wolf Creek Pass

Picture052007046.jpg

my ugly ass in a requsite picture of Independence Pass. This was memorial weekend.

Picture052007039.jpg

The rest of the trip can be found at my photobucket acct.....DanielAleaFJR

I also use a cannon SD600, small and rugged, takes great pics,,and surprisingly stunning video, with a 2gig card it will take almost 30 min of high res. 30fps video , I have a tank mount that I made and the videos show no vibration, the last one I took was on a fantastic stretch of eastern Oregon twisties called battle mountain, going to up load it to utube and will post a link,,,,,,,,,,,Lee

I have the new Sony DSC-T100 ultra compact for everyday stuff and If I wanna go big I have a camera bag back pack that I haul my Nikon D70 in.

The T100 even does awesome video and I have a 4gig mem card in it.

khrome

I find the Panasonic FZ5 to be excellent for the bike! 12x optical zoom with excellent Image Stabilization and a great quality lens. The camera body is very small for a long zoom digicam. The new FZ8 would be excellent IMHO. :)

I do sometimes think about a very small point and shoot like the Canon SD or maybe a Canon A series (AA batts), as the bag for my FZ5 is a bit bulky (Tamrac 5682 - Very nicely padded), and it does take up much space in my Cortec mini tank bag (expanded). But now with the Givi V46 I may see if the camera holds out in there. :unsure: