What color of FJR is slowest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike6282

Reaction score
Answer: 2006 Cobalt Blue

Like everyone else, will it ever get here?

I am new to this forum, but have been following it for a while. I have a 2006 FJR1300A on order. I ordered it January 4th, so it will probably be summer before it gets here. I am hoping it will be worth the wait.

I am coming off a GL1800 and sold it last year. I was thinking about another Wing, but $22K for the 2006 ABS Model, no way! I also wanted something a little lighter and I have always liked the FJR. With the new improvements, I am giving it a try.

Mike-Spokane, Wa.

Answer: 2006 Cobalt Blue
Like everyone else, will it ever get here?

I am new to this forum, but have been following it for a while. I have a 2006 FJR1300A on order. I ordered it January 4th, so it will probably be summer before it gets here. I am hoping it will be worth the wait.

I am coming off a GL1800 and sold it last year. I was thinking about another Wing, but $22K for the 2006 ABS Model, no way! I also wanted something a little lighter and I have always liked the FJR. With the new improvements, I am giving it a try.

Mike-Spokane, Wa.
I'm betting you'll be happy with the difference. Do you ride 2up? If so, I know the pillions like having the topcase, or a backrest so they don't fly off the back :punk:

Congradulations, on your choice, there are many great people here and lots of great ideas and farkles to start adding to your cart here. Let us know when your bike arrives, and please put your sliders on 1st!

Did you say A LITTLE LIGHTER? I'd say you accomplished your goal+++! may I make the suggestion that you go a bit easier on the throttle when you pull away from the dealership! Congrats on the new bike!

It's not the color that makes them slower, its those poor owners who get stuck with the French detuned engines and then have to do the modifications.

well,you guys are just in denial that you have Galaxy Blue envy,, nothing a little therapy won't fix,, or a re paint :p :haha:

Nope, blue doesn't collect more dirt, it just proudly shows off that it has been ridden. :bleh:

It would seem that those in the "clean bike is a gay bike" camp would be lined up for blue, hmmmmm? ;)

OTH, if you are one of those who like their bike clean and shiny, carry extra Honda polish and rags! :D

I get so tired of these slowest colors threads :rolleyes: . It is OBVIOUS. The darker the blue, the more photos are absorbed. The more photons, the greater the energy transfer to the bike, which increases the heat of combustion in the engine. The resulting thermal expansion in the combustion chamber increases power. I've measured an increase of 0.00116 HP for the galaxy blue over the grey FJR. Thus, the Galaxy blue must be faster. It is all so clear as stated below:

For quantum, mechanical, and electromagnetic wave phenomena (energy is frequency) and (momentum is wavenumber), mp=proper mass, and c=speed of light. By setting , equation (1) corres- ponds3 to the Lorentz invariant d'Alembertian operator4

in which kp is a constant, since mp is finite positive for a real mass and is zero for a photon. Since a sublight or light wave is Lorentz invariant, the sublight wave equation and light wave equation each is invariant under a LT.

While sublight and light time-like wave equations () preserve the LT a superlight space-like wave equation v>c (E<Pc) does not (spatial and time coordinates reverse). Moreover, since Newton's equations are invariant under a GT they cannot be invariant under a LT. These difficulties mean that we must abandon the LT for the study of superlight space-like wave phenomena. For example, if , equation (2) becomes the Galilean invariant operator. :blink: :eek: :D

Ron

Actually, the slowest FJR is the one ridden by the most cautious rider, regardless of color, race or religion! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, come on Mike you know the Blue one is slower than the Cerulean Silver and the Silver before it. That is why the new AE model has gone back to Cerulean Silver, fastest colour for the fastest bikes! Plain and simple.

By the way, hope you are doing well, looking forward to Reno. Maybe some drags at the Speedway would finally put this to rest. ;)

I get so tired of these slowest colors threads :rolleyes: . It is OBVIOUS. The darker the blue, the more photos are absorbed. The more photons, the greater the energy transfer to the bike, which increases the heat of combustion in the engine. The resulting thermal expansion in the combustion chamber increases power. I've measured an increase of 0.00116 HP for the galaxy blue over the grey FJR. Thus, the Galaxy blue must be faster. It is all so clear as stated below:For quantum, mechanical, and electromagnetic wave phenomena (energy is frequency) and (momentum is wavenumber), mp=proper mass, and c=speed of light. By setting , equation (1) corres- ponds3 to the Lorentz invariant d'Alembertian operator4

in which kp is a constant, since mp is finite positive for a real mass and is zero for a photon. Since a sublight or light wave is Lorentz invariant, the sublight wave equation and light wave equation each is invariant under a LT.

While sublight and light time-like wave equations () preserve the LT a superlight space-like wave equation v>c (E<Pc) does not (spatial and time coordinates reverse). Moreover, since Newton's equations are invariant under a GT they cannot be invariant under a LT. These difficulties mean that we must abandon the LT for the study of superlight space-like wave phenomena. For example, if , equation (2) becomes the Galilean invariant operator. :blink: :eek: :D

Ron
You forgot to put into your equation that the heat caused by the color absorption results in less dense air. Therefore it has less oxygen for combustion and therefore slower.

Oh and I have a Blue one so what does that say about me :D

I concur with both twowheelnut :D & madmike2 :D but whatever I tell you & a buck & a quarter buys you a cup of coffee :huh:

I concur with both twowheelnut :D & madmike2 :D but whatever I tell you & a buck & a quarter buys you a cup of coffee :huh:
Not around here coffee is a little higher, well at least for a large :D

$1.89 at Starbucks

I get so tired of these slowest colors threads :rolleyes: . It is OBVIOUS. The darker the blue, the more photos are absorbed. The more photons, the greater the energy transfer to the bike, which increases the heat of combustion in the engine.  The resulting thermal expansion in the combustion chamber increases power. I've measured an increase of 0.00116 HP for the galaxy blue over the grey FJR. Thus, the Galaxy blue must be faster. It is all so clear as stated below:For quantum, mechanical, and electromagnetic wave phenomena  (energy is frequency) and  (momentum is wavenumber), mp=proper mass, and c=speed of light. By setting , equation (1) corres- ponds3 to the Lorentz invariant d'Alembertian operator4

While sublight and light time-like wave equations () preserve the LT a superlight space-like wave equation v>c (E<Pc) does not (spatial and time coordinates reverse). Moreover, since Newton's equations are invariant under a GT they cannot be invariant under a LT. These difficulties mean that we must abandon the LT for the study of superlight space-like wave phenomena. For example, if , equation (2) becomes the Galilean invariant operator. :blink:   :eek:   :D

Ron
You forgot to put into your equation that the heat caused by the color absorption results in less dense air. Therefore it has less oxygen for combustion and therefore slower.

Ah, but you ignored an important factor.

As the air heats, its density decreases, and that reduces frictional shear stress on the bike. Thus, the bike goes faster. :)

Ron

I get so tired of these slowest colors threads :rolleyes: . It is OBVIOUS. The darker the blue, the more photos are absorbed. The more photons, the greater the energy transfer to the bike, which increases the heat of combustion in the engine.  The resulting thermal expansion in the combustion chamber increases power. I've measured an increase of 0.00116 HP for the galaxy blue over the grey FJR. Thus, the Galaxy blue must be faster. It is all so clear as stated below:For quantum, mechanical, and electromagnetic wave phenomena  (energy is frequency) and  (momentum is wavenumber), mp=proper mass, and c=speed of light. By setting , equation (1) corres- ponds3 to the Lorentz invariant d'Alembertian operator4

While sublight and light time-like wave equations () preserve the LT a superlight space-like wave equation v>c (E<Pc) does not (spatial and time coordinates reverse). Moreover, since Newton's equations are invariant under a GT they cannot be invariant under a LT. These difficulties mean that we must abandon the LT for the study of superlight space-like wave phenomena. For example, if , equation (2) becomes the Galilean invariant operator. :blink:   :eek:   :D

Ron

Ah, but you ignored an important factor.

As the air heats, its density decreases, and that reduces frictional shear stress on the bike. Thus, the bike goes faster. :)

Ron
Ah the old friction vs oxygen algorithm sorry forgot.