What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because the snow was confined to all areas except the roads, I rode my FJR to work like I do virtually every day of the year. It was a nice balmy 36 degrees out, but nothing that the heated liner, heated gloves and excellent wind protection of the FJR can't cope with! :yahoo:

added mirror extenders. now i have a much better view of my elbows.... :yahoo:

P.

p.s. Thanks again AJ.

Absolutely dude.

I'm gonna play Karmac here for a second...In the future, I see a set of SWMotoTech mirror extenders for sale here on this forum and a set of FZ1 mirrors being delivered to a residence not too far from me in Aluquerque.

Seriously, have you gotten them adjusted to your liking yet?

added mirror extenders. now i have a much better view of my elbows.... :yahoo:

P.

p.s. Thanks again AJ.

Absolutely dude.

I'm gonna play Karmac here for a second...In the future, I see a set of SWMotoTech mirror extenders for sale here on this forum and a set of FZ1 mirrors being delivered to a residence not too far from me in Aluquerque.

Seriously, have you gotten them adjusted to your liking yet?
yeah, i finally got them dialed in. they really are much better. i was just kidding about the elbows. :p

I installed Motovation frame sliders today. After reading through some threads about sliders, I decided to forgo Locktite. I put a Vstream on yesterday, but haven't been able to take it for a spin yet. I should have time to ride for an hour or two tomorrow.

Next up, a GPS mount. It should be here within the next week. After that, maybe a rack so I can attach my Krauser K5 trunk and a Throttlemeister.

On a side note, I took my toddler for a walk around the neighborhood and saw someone riding a black FJR. So, if you were riding your black FJR down Co. Rd. E in White Bear Lake, MN today, I spotted you!

I checked the tires, oil, and lights, and loaded it up for my 425-mile ride to Sebring tomorrow, going to the 12 Hours. With camera in hand.

FAIR WARNING: I will be brunching with RadioHowie on the way back on Sunday morning, and there may be pictures of that, too!!!!

I checked the tires, oil, and lights, and loaded it up for my 425-mile ride to Sebring tomorrow, going to the 12 Hours. With camera in hand.

FAIR WARNING: I will be brunching with RadioHowie on the way back on Sunday morning, and there may be pictures of that, too!!!!
Way freaking cool!

I so want to meet RadioHowie someday...

Sadly, I found out today I jacked up the name of the dealership to the bank who issued the check to my jacked up name. Had to cancel the check and reissue one. Ugh, maybe tomorrow I'll post up that I put my FJR in my garage. :D

Swapped the rear wheel from the 06 to the 07.

Going on a weeks bike tour next week :yahoo: so I thought I'd ride on a new set of PR2's and leave the Shinko's at home.

I don't trust them too much.

Rode for about 2 hours so far, checked tire air pressure as it just came out of storage yesterday. Oh yea, had to put gas in it for a second time in two days... YEA

drove it like I stole it. Waved to the nice policeman (after slamming on the brakes)

I put these on:

img2593s.jpg

img2594pm.jpg

Earlier last week, my new PIAA Sports Horn came in. On Saturday I installed it on the bike.

In the process, I found out that my right side horn wasn't functioning, which accounts for how quiet the horns were when they were supposed to be louder than OEM. Took it apart and one of the connectors had come off.

So, I installed the PIAA and fixed the right horn. Now it is really loud, and I like it. Prolly took me less than a half hour, even with working on that right side screw up, and it fits just perfect.

Earlier last week, my new PIAA Sports Horn came in. On Saturday I installed it on the bike.

In the process, I found out that my right side horn wasn't functioning, which accounts for how quiet the horns were when they were supposed to be louder than OEM. Took it apart and one of the connectors had come off.

So, I installed the PIAA and fixed the right horn. Now it is really loud, and I like it. Prolly took me less than a half hour, even with working on that right side screw up, and it fits just perfect.
Yeah But, the Hella Super Tones would have been Louder! Ese! :D

First trip back to a dealer this week end since the bike was new to do the Spider recall so I had them slap on a pair of Z8s while they were at it. Baby got a new pair of shoes. :yahoo:

Haha...Probably, but this was super easy. No relays to install, no wires to cut or splice, just unbolt it, plug it in, re-bolt it and go. My kind of farkle for the increase in performance. :clapping: Besides...I don't use my horn that much anyway, I didn't even know my right side wasn't working. Some of us eses can be dumb sometimes. :dribble:

Haha...Probably, but this was super easy. No relays to install, no wires to cut or splice, just unbolt it, plug it in, re-bolt it and go. My kind of farkle for the increase in performance. :clapping: Besides...I don't use my horn that much anyway, I didn't even know my right side wasn't working. Some of us eses can be dumb sometimes. :dribble:
Sounds like my kinda farkle as well. So they draw low enough current to not have do the whole relay bit?