What does FJR stand for?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question, but do the letters FJR stand for anything?
I got this new chic in my life who loves to ride .........

She insist FJR stands for something. Help me out you guys.

Did you do a search?

I prefer "F***ing Just Ride!

It doesn't mean anything, IIRC FJ used to be the Yamaha designation for air cooled, 4 stroke, sport bikes. The FJR is considered to be the modern FJ1200.

Dumb question, but do the letters FJR stand for anything?
I got this new chic in my life who loves to ride .........

She insist FJR stands for something. Help me out you guys.
You have me curious now... what does this chick in your life say it stands for?

When I ride with some of my buddies they will ask me if I'm gonna use my Harley or my Fucking Japanese Racer.(they all have HD's) Ever since the first guy asked me , the name stuck. Since then one of the guys wound up buying his own Fucking Japanese Racer...We all get a laugh out of it.

this question was discussed at length about 5 years ago on the netpath fj email list. many theories were discussed. a gentleman on the list who was from japan got in touch with a friend who was pretty high up in the yamaha empire way back then, and had an unconfirmed report that "FJ" stood for fastest japanese, since in '84 when it was released it was the fastest bike in the land.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I ride with some of my buddies they will ask me if I'm gonna use my Harley or my Fucking Japanese Racer.(they all have HD's) Ever since the first guy asked me , the name stuck. Since then one of the guys wound up buying his own Fucking Japanese Racer...We all get a laugh out of it.
yes i remember that day well!! i believe HANK coined that title!!