What gear would you wear in a get off?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that I had a lowside at 60 at the track I can testify that Joe Rocket GPX pants and jacket and gloves work great. Just minor scratches on the gear. I also wear SIDI boots and Shoei RF900 which never touched the ground. Damage to myself-- just a minor sprain to the ankle.

I wear my leathers 95% of the time, the other 5% I wear Joe Rocket perforated gear. All of the gear.

If I knew I was going into an accident, I 'd wear the cage.

Seriously though, I have draggin' jeans and would probably like to have something with hip armor. I probably need more armor top & bottom.

8.jpg

Full road race leathers with back protector,with leather boots, gloves and the lightest and best helmet I could afford. I have been down on the track six times in 20 years of racing. The highest speed was 140 the hardest fall was in trun 9 at sears point. I was only doing a hundred but after I fell I slid into a steel aramco barrier. Six broken ribs two cracked vertibra in my neck and a broken colar bone. I walked 2 miles back to the pits sat down in a chair and was then taken to the hospital. Leather is the only way to go if you are planning to crash. I don't recommend it but with the right gear you can survive it.

Full road race leathers with back protector,with leather boots, gloves and the lightest and best helmet I could afford. I have been down on the track six times in 20 years of racing. The highest speed was 140 the hardest fall was in trun 9 at sears point. I was only doing a hundred but after I fell I slid into a steel aramco barrier. Six broken ribs two cracked vertibra in my neck and a broken colar bone. I walked 2 miles back to the pits sat down in a chair and was then taken to the hospital. Leather is the only way to go if you are planning to crash. I don't recommend it but with the right gear you can survive it.
+1

Only problem is getting out of the suit when your in a hurry(#2) Compound the problem when your hot and sweaty! :blink:

When I take a trip to Utah next month I will probably wear my 10 year old Vanson Race leathers.