What happened to jburleigh

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video and the Billy Idol one rocks. Uh, da double yellow line features and such are against my religion ya know....welcome back JB. Thanks for the offer but I'm sellin cars after church. PM. <>< ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcomes and good wishes, all.

And a special thanks to BD for giving me an idea for a new Avatar:

horse_ass.jpg

I'd tell BD to kiss it, but judging by the comment, I don't think he could catch it...! :lol:

Hg

JB, welcome back! :D . How goes the quest for street riding technique nirvana? Nice video... Really good to read and find you're all OK and not wadded up. Looking forward to your new posts. :lol:

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the forum's first bionic man. James Burleigh will be that man.
Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

homem_bionico.jpg

Using bionic database technology I took his old posts and merged them with his new posts. If it had been anybody else I'm not sure they would have survived the process.

PLEASE, don't anybody else try this. It cost me $6 million to do "nah-nuh-nuh" noise from his head is getting annoying. It interferes with the sound of the ocean that comes from my head.....

I was just afraid the first one was too, you know, subtle.

Naturally I thought of "blow me," but it's just way too dangerous to blow a Bionic Man.

If I'd known "bite me" was copyrighted I would never have used it.

Sorry, Scab. But if you want money, blow me.

Jb

JB, welcome back! :D . How goes the quest for street riding technique nirvana? Nice video... Really good to read and find you're all OK and not wadded up. Looking forward to your new posts. :lol:
I sure do appreciate all that great Karma coming from you, Dcarver. Thank you.

With regard to street-riding technique Nirvana, I suspect it will be a life-long pursuit. But when the doctor admits me to the hospital with terminal cancer, I'm going to exclaim, "But that's not possible! I'm supposed to die in a motorcycle accident." At least that's what all my friends and family think. And it's unrelated to my "horse's arse" riding style. Because as far as most civilians are concerned, ALL motorcyclists die in accidents. It's in every M.C. user manual.

I believe I may have inserted a link to this article in the Forum a couple of months ago, but I think it starts to explain how, even though I try to be Mr. You Meet the Nicest People on a Yamaha FJR, it just never seems to last.... :( (granted there is artistic license in the article--i.e., exaggeration)

The Morning Hatchet Fight

Jb

JB,

Welcome back. I missed you. You may not remember but you jumped in for me when I was getting dog piled by the old, post ho's here. Thanks. Glad to see your videos too.

KeeeeeeeeRap! What a pussified love fest. :****:

But I do think Burleigh-Boy has passed the forum initiation rites. I do hereby proclaim Jimmy a full and duly marked member of FJRForum.com! Pay no attention the next time Brun says, "Bend over and assume the position."

Can I get a Hoooooo-Rahhhhhhhhhh! ?

;)

Great video, even though you drive like a horse's arse.

-BD
Bite me.
Uh, I believe you owe scab some royalty coinage for stealing his tag line. It's copyrighted, ya know. :grin:

I was just afraid the first one was too, you know, subtle.
Naturally I thought of "blow me," but it's just way too dangerous to blow a Bionic Man.

If I'd known "bite me" was copyrighted I would never have used it.

Sorry, Scab. But if you want money, blow me.

Jb
Hell no. I want my check.

KeeeeeeeeRap! What a pussified love fest. :****:
Kumbaya, Lord, Kumbaya....
But I do think Burleigh-Boy has passed the forum initiation rites. I do hereby proclaim Jimmy a full and duly marked member of FJRForum.com! Pay no attention the next time Brun says, "Bend over and assume the position."Can I get a Hoooooo-Rahhhhhhhhhh! ?

;)
Thank you, thank you. First, I'd like to thank my motorcycle, without which I wouldn't be here at all. Next, I'd like to thank BD, who may bite or blow me, I don't care which, as long as he says "I love you" while he's doing it. If it's good enough for my wife, it should be good enough for him.

Jb

An Excellent read. Takes me back to 1979. I lived in Concord and worked in Livermore. Didn't have a bike back then but can totally relate.
:good:
Thankyouverymuch.

That's a tough commute from Concord to Livermore--although you've got an HOV lane on 680 south between Walnut Creek and Pleasanton, it's raised a couple of inches above the no. 2 lane, so you've got an edge trap that makes passing (uh, lane splitting) between those two lanes a hairy situation (hasn't stopped me yet--makes me feel more alive).

Then going out to Livermore you've got the sun in your eyes.

My commute into San Francisco is great, because I've got the sun at my back in the morning and then going home.

Jb

I have my very own thread ha ha... :dirol:

Nite.... :sleepysmiley03: