What is it with black bikes?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard that red bikes and cars get noticed more often by law enforcement,

something i'd rather avoid. :unsure:

I've owned Black ,silver ,read , green and blue bikes , to me Black is elegant and simple, and always my favorite. As for keeping it clean, I clean my bike after every ride anyway.

We do seem to farkle our bikes more than other countries.
Probably because real comfort is more of an issue in a county where distances are as extreme as in the US; who's smallest states are larger than many countries in Yurp. Many Yrupeenz don't comprehend the distances involved in travelling around the US (until they've been here and ridden that). Comfort for cross-country riding in Germany isn't the same thing as comfort for cross-country riding in the US.

Probably because real comfort is more of an issue in a county where distances are as extreme as in the US; who's smallest states are larger than many countries in Yurp. Many Yrupeenz don't comprehend the distances involved in travelling around the US (until they've been here and ridden that). Comfort for cross-country riding in Germany isn't the same thing as comfort for cross-country riding in the US.
Word. Nothing like crossing the Louisiana/Texas Border on I-10 going west, and seeing the mile marker read 880. (i.e. you won't even get to the other end of the road/state near El Paso for nearly 900 miles...). Or Pensacola to Key West...

Last edited by a moderator:
Word. Nothing like crossing the Louisiana/Texas Border on I-10 going west, and seeing the mile marker read 880. (i.e. you won't even get to the other end of the road/state near El Paso for nearly 900 miles...). Or Pensacola to Key West...

You guys got that right!

Leaving thurs for Vegas... I plan on superslab the whole way and it'll still take me four days...unfortunately not taking the FJR... it needs new tires... :eek: (

riding fromt ElPaso to Dallas seemed to take forever!

Almost as long as going thru Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska! <G>

Mary

This is what it is with black bikes:

43dl8rc.jpg

333vdzs.jpg

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand anyway.

BTW - look at just how slimming the balck is in the second piccie.

Up until three years ago I had a black bike, a black wife, and a black dog all in the same house.

Guess which I kissed the most?.

"Once you go black you can't go back"