What is the bar behind the pillion seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Found this picture on another site. it's to show off the seats, but what is that gray/silver bar? And what's it purpose? Thanks.
2777142820098858932S500x500Q85.jpg

That, is givi's answer to the proper way to mount one of their top boxes on a fjr.
Excellent thanks. Is it more supportive than getting a plate adapter of some sort? Just wondering if it'd allow me to hold more (or heavier) stuff in a top box. In case me and my pillion want to go bowling with our own 16 pound reactive resin balls and put a cube of bud light on the top rack (an exaggeration perhaps, but you get the idea . . . )

Alexi

Alexi, the Givi rack is heftier than the OEM rack. All the weight of your topbox is actually supported by a subframe, though. Not a good idea to overload it much. What the Givi rack DOES add is a place to tie items down. I've hefted up my rear seat with camping gear more than once & never had a problem with spots to tie to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexi, the Givi rack is heftier than the OEM rack. All the weight of your topbox is actually supported by a subframe, though. Not a good idea to overload it much. What the Givi rack DOES add is a place to tie items down. I've hefted up my rear seat with camping gear more than once & never had a problem with spots to tie to.
Thanks. I'm glad I got a chance to see it. I was gonna order an adapter plate when I got back, but I'll probably just get the Givi mount and an E52.

Thanks. I'm glad I got a chance to see it. I was gonna order an adapter plate when I got back, but I'll probably just get the Givi mount and an E52.
And you can paint the rack any color you like, or send it to Garauld for some nice powder coating. :)

Alexi, be sure that when you order your Givi rack/mount it indeed does come with the Givi adaptor (the black piece of tough nylon plastic that the box actually mounts to). I have no idea if it all comes in a kit or if you need to order it serarately. For sure, whatever it costs, it'll be quite a bit cheaper than getting the Yamaha stock rack & box.

Last edited by a moderator:
That adapter is where women are tied down......what's wrong with you pups?

Two weeks is all it took? Damn...mine took twenty years....either that or I lost it after the first week.

Alexi, be sure that when you order your Givi rack/mount it indeed does come with the Givi adaptor (the black piece of tough nylon plastic that the box actually mounts to). I have no idea if it all comes in a kit or if you need to order it serarately. For sure, whatever it costs, it'll be quite a bit cheaper than getting the Yamaha stock rack & box.

Naw, they come as separate items. Ching, Ching, though still less than the yami one.

You need to tie your women down? Isn't it much more fun when they thrash about in throws of passion and excitement? Or...perhaps you didn't know they did... :dribble:

O.M.G. mm2 posted a "near X-rated" response!

You need to tie your women down? Isn't it much more fun when they thrash about in throws of passion and excitement? Or...perhaps you didn't know they did... :dribble:

O.M.G. mm2 posted a "near X-rated" response!
You gotta ask???

As far as Odot is concerned, they thrash about in throws of fear and escape. :)

"...........the men don't know.........what the little girl..........understands.................."