what tires to use

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstray

Reaction score
Im replacing my stock frount tire just woundering what is best for high milage and perforamce . I have the bridgestone batterix bto21 now just woundering if any body has used the batterix bto23 sport touring tire or is there something better thanks again

Im replacing my stock frount tire just woundering what is best for high milage and perforamce . I have the bridgestone batterix bto21 now just woundering if any body has used the batterix bto23 sport touring tire or is there something better thanks again
The BT023 is a brand new tire, so I don't know if anyone has gotten enough mileage on one to give much of a review on it. I know someone at CFO was running one (and someone else at CFO left with a set :yahoo: ) Maybe someone who has them will jump in?

I like round rubber black ones. :yahoo: :yahoo:
I was thinking the same clever response. Though some people do use the blue ones (or other color options).

I also use those made of rubber compounds with belts embedded.

YMMV

[SIZE=8pt]BTW, Bridgestone tires seem to grip really well but have no tread life. On my FJR, and with my riding style, they last about 3500 miles as opposed to the 15K I got from my last PR2 front.[/SIZE]

I think you will find that most on this website will recommend Michelen Pilot Road 2's
Getting some before WFO from SW MOTO. Please order the "B" desiganation. set ($301)

Greg

Ok. I have a set of new PR2's how do I tell if one is a "B" designation. ?? I am sure this has been discused before so I will try and search the forum... but just throwing it out there

OK I searched and found what the dif is but still dont know how to tell if the rear tire I have (which was replaced under road hazard by the dealership) is a B variation??

Rider Magazine wrote up the new Bridgestone BT023 GTs, used on a Feejer, and seemed to really like them. Anyone have any experience with them in the real world? My Pilot Road 2s are quite nice but do seem to notice bumps and tar snakes in a way that sometimes discomforts.

OK I searched and found what the dif is but still dont know how to tell if the rear tire I have (which was replaced under road hazard by the dealership) is a B variation??
Crank er up to about 145 or so, if she disintegrates on ya, it wernt a B variation!

Folks. You DON'T NEED the 'B' spec version of the PR2. Many of us just get the regular version and nothing blows up!

I would only get the 'B' spec if I consistently road 2-up.

And you can still get a non 'B' spec set for only $236 shipped from derbycycles.net.

when I switch my tires soon, I will be getting either Shinko 009 or 005, ran I've ran both of them in the past with good results on a z750s and VFR800. I imagine they will be okay on the FJR

when I switch my tires soon, I will be getting either Shinko 009 or 005, ran I've ran both of them in the past with good results on a z750s and VFR800. I imagine they will be okay on the FJR
Tires are a personal choice, and perhaps your choices suck moist ass cheese! :lol: :p

Several peeps have reported ***much*** less than stellar results with the Shinkos on FJRs.

Therefore you'll never see one on mine.

Tires are a personal choice, and perhaps your choices suck moist ass cheese! :lol: :p

Several peeps have reported ***much*** less than stellar results with the Shinkos on FJRs.

I guess its possible they aren't the right tire for the FJR. I ran them on the VFR which is a bit over 100lbs lighter and they did fine. You definitely have more saddle time than me on an FJR or any bike so I do trust your judgment. However, I think sometimes internet myths can spread like wildfire. A lot of people who say the Shinkos are crap probably haven't run them. Now because so many people run PR2's on here, I may get a set of them, but I am tempted to try the Shinkos. on this bike.

I guess its possible they aren't the right tire for the FJR. I ran them on the VFR which is a bit over 100lbs lighter and they did fine. You definitely have more saddle time than me on an FJR or any bike so I do trust your judgment. However, I think sometimes internet myths can spread like wildfire. A lot of people who say the Shinkos are crap probably haven't run them. Now because so many people run PR2's on here, I may get a set of them, but I am tempted to try the Shinkos. on this bike.
Agreed about internet myth. Just for the record, I have never run them. A while ago, someone brought the Shinkos to the attention of the forum. Very attractive price. Several here tried them. IIRC, many did not like them. I am sure some time searching would turn up some threads on them.

Besides some general reports I am kind of fuzzy on, one of my riding buddies (vectervp1) tried them and gave me a detailed review on them. In short, he will never run them again so therefore I will never try them.

But by all means, give them a try. Like I said, tires are a personal choice. What works for one, may not suit another.