What's everyone's preference for slip on's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
I just took my new (Formerly Diesels) Gen II FJR for a spin, love the bike but it sounds like a sewing machine. I'm not concerned about more performance but would like to improve the sound. What offerings are out there for slip on's?

Also, does the Cat converter hamper performance? I could sure smell it when I put her back in my shop.........

Search and you shall find, grasshopper.

I prefer Blue Flames myself. I don't have them yet, but I likey the way they looky and soundy.

-BD

Keep searching. There's lots of opinions on aftermarket exhausts here.

I LOVE my Holeshots. Sound is deep and throaty; quality is second to none.

I had a HoleShot High mount on my 02 FZ1, it sounded better in my opinion than the TB Carbon Fiber on my current Bee (too quiet). I also like the looks of the Muzzy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remus Hexacones.... assuming Knut could keep them in stock long enough for me to buy some... :D

on holeshot.com, you can listen to 2 audio/video clips of their pipes on an FJR. also https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/mods/cans/cans.html you can hear audio for D&D pipes. D&D sounds really good to me, but they don't make them for the 06-07 yet. I spoke to their tech dept. to make them aware of the problem, they said they would look into it and to check back in a while. I havn't found no audio for anything else yet. 2brothers, Muzzy also make slip ons for FJR

In this day and age, the Leo Vinces have become the bargain. Three flavors to choose from.

Leo Vince Slip-ons at Bike Effects

I have had a set of the carbon fiber Leos on for over two years and 15,000 miles. Still sound mellow and they look great.

Don't forget to read the link below to get the forum discount.

Also a fan of the holeshots as I have them on my bike. Made a short video of them and have it on youtube -

If you can't make your mind up from the clips on the holeshot site, give my clip a try.

Thunder from down under: Staintunes
I really liked the set I had on my FJR. Great quailty, tough stainless finish, and the sound was the perfect level of throaty rasp without being over bearing on long rides, even with out the baffles in.

I have a Leo Vince on my track bike. Great quality, but it is actually too quiet in stock form. I shortened the can a bit and it is much nicer. Do they make FJR cans?

I scrapped muffs altogether, went with flex pipe. Gives it that homey look, and wows 'em down at Stand Up Franks.

I had the Muzzys Ti slip-ons.

They were well made, fit well, never dragged, sounded very nice!

(If I were keeping the FJR, I would have kept the pipes)

Holeshots full system. Header is great w/o the cats. My bike is the sound clip on the Holeshot site before the header came out. Now that the header is on the sound is way better. Excellent quality and build.